2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to view an FN2 type R on Friday.

Its one at a honda dealership and they have sent me a video through, the car looks in decent condition, however it doesn't have a FSH (missing a couple of stamps), they have said it will be given a major service, mot & come with 12 months honda warranty.

Its a NHB 2007 GT with 68k on the clock for just under £7k.

Should i be put off by it missing a couple of stamps even if they are giving it a major service, mot and it comes with 12 month honda warranty?

Cheers for any replies.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
The mileage is low for it's year, so warrants digging deeper.

Much can be gleaned by the overall condition of a vehicle.

FSH is nice to have but don't overlook a vehicle because it missed a stamp.

You do need to tread carefully tho and make thorough checks on it's condition.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The mileage is low for it's year, so warrants digging deeper.

Much can be gleaned by the overall condition of a vehicle.

FSH is nice to have but don't overlook a vehicle because it missed a stamp.

You do need to tread carefully tho and make thorough checks on it's condition.
Cheers for the reply. i thinking as its coming from a honda dealer and will be checked, serviced and mot'd before its sold it may be worth it. any experience with honda warranties? do they tend to cover much?

edit: am i allowed to post the link of the video they done of it for me?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Does the dealer have a good reputation?

There are plenty of threads re warranties, some good, some bad. In theory they give piece of mind but you need to ensure they cover the bigger bills.

Good luck.

·
Enjoying life
8,598 Posts
Full service history is all well and good but it doesn't necessarily tell the full story. Someone might get a car serviced each year but may not bother checking oil levels regularly. 12 months warranty is good. I'd give it a thorough check to gauge the overall condition. The missing stamps could be a good leverage for getting the price down, or get the valve clearances and plugs done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Full service history is all well and good but it doesn't necessarily tell the full story. Someone might get a car serviced each year but may not bother checking oil levels regularly. 12 months warranty is good. I'd give it a thorough check to gauge the overall condition. The missing stamps could be a good leverage for getting the price down, or get the valve clearances and plugs done.
Would def try and get the price down on that basis. just looked up some reviews for the garage and they weren't too great tbf.

will keep checking type r forums for one that i know will have been cared for i reckon.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Im going to view an FN2 type R on Friday.

Its one at a honda dealership and they have sent me a video through, the car looks in decent condition, however it doesn't have a FSH (missing a couple of stamps), they have said it will be given a major service, mot & come with 12 months honda warranty.

Its a NHB 2007 GT with 68k on the clock for just under £7k.

Should i be put off by it missing a couple of stamps even if they are giving it a major service, mot and it comes with 12 month honda warranty?

Cheers for any replies.
Which dealer buddy?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
tell me about it, this is the trouble they're all so far away from me. i test drove 1 the other day so know it will be worth once i have 1. just a pain finding the right 1
I hear what you're saying buddy. At first I was looking for a Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3. They we're all miles away.

Have now chosen a lovely FN2. Hope to pick it up either this week or next.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hear what you're saying buddy. At first I was looking for a Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3. They we're all miles away.

Have now chosen a lovely FN2. Hope to pick it up either this week or next.
Nice, looking forward to that feeling. did you go private or trade?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Trade mate. Got more of a come back. You get a decent warranty too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea i was thinking about that, if its private il get an RAC check done though.

Found out the hard away about checking cars properly before which cost me £3k. don't want that happening with the price of these.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
yea i was thinking about that, if its private il get an RAC check done though.

Found out the hard away about checking cars properly before which cost me £3k. don't want that happening with the price of these.

Enjoy!
Hope you find a good one mate.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts