2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, have set my heart on a used Honda Civic, have seen a couple listed in Yorkshire for the same price...

HONDA CIVIC 2.2 I-CTDI EX 5DR SATNAV - 57 reg - 72,000 miles

and also -

HONDA CIVIC 2.2 I-CTDI ES 5DR PANORAMIC ROOF - 07 reg - 68,000 miles

So been new to these cars I am not sure which is classed as the best here, is it the ex or the es? both these are priced the same at £6,895, any suggestions which one to go for?

Cheers in advance...

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Hiya! Other things being equal, I can't think the 4K difference in mileage would make any difference. I'm chuffed with my 2.2 SE (Sept2008 ie 58)
Choice of colour, goodies, any paint chipping on front may be what to think about.
You'll have a few more bitsa on there than I have. Luck may play a part here!
Welcome to the forum,
Regards,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jimm, thanks for your reply...have you been happy with your car, this is going to be a big purchase for me and dont want to mess up! ;)

I have seen some people moaning about creaks and noises, and the fuel consumption on the diesel...how have you found it?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
hi i have a 2.2 es. 57 plate. cant fault the car. occasional rattle from the dash but thats what a stereo is for?? :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D Dordor, I had already thought of that, as I like my music loud....;)

I have read how nippy these diesels are, its still pretty good on the fuel economy?

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome along

The EX has more toys !

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
yea i average 400miles a tank and thats fairly spirited driving !!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Hi Jimm, thanks for your reply...have you been happy with your car, this is going to be a big purchase for me and dont want to mess up! ;)

I have seen some people moaning about creaks and noises, and the fuel consumption on the diesel...how have you found it?
Hello again,

Yes, very happy in general. The only problem I have, which seems to be unique is an odd tick inconsistently, but usually after rain, first start in the morning as illustrated here:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/21491-ticking-sound.html

My car doesn't rattle at all. (now at 34K miles)

Consumption: I get usually around a record 54-58 MPG, but I am pretty gentle. Only once have I had less than 50 (all these on a complete tank).
Of course it depends what roads you are on, traffic density, and your sense of fun:D. It will go like split brown stuff if you want, turbo kicks in without a big wallop at around 1800 rpm, then care with right trotter needed..

Mine's consumption read out is about 1 to 1.5 MPG overread, they aren't all accurate.

I hope of help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all, that ex has gone from the listings now (was a good deal I reckon!)...so its probs going to be the es, just not missing out on too much with the difference am I, mainly just sat nav?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and its a 2006 model im looking into at the moment, is this a bad thing? heard some problems with that year model, best to pay more for a 2007?

Cheers....

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Hi and welcome.

The ES model is a good spec mate,if your going for the 2006 most of the problems would of been done under warrenty later models most problems where solved but just the usual creaks and that exsist

·
Premium Member
88 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all, and Mourne that was perfect cheers...I see Es and Ex isnt such a massive difference, hopefully have one of them this time next week...:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi there again, been busy at work the last couple of weeks and with Christmas coming up have to make some budget adjustments...

Seen quite a few around the £4-5k mark that have done 100k plus miles, is this mileage on a Civic diesel a big deal?

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Mines an 07 2.2i-cdti and it has just under 100k on the odo.

At that mileage it must've been a rep/company car etc which is a good thing because any faults will have been sorted as a matter of course and it will have always been serviced bang on schedule.

Private owner might have been skint for several months and put off servicing/fixing issues and they have now (or about to) develop further.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts