2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

My first post!! :eek:

I am looking to join the Type R club finally, have owned a Civic Type S before but now looking to go one big step further....can't wait!

Got a question on Sat Nav's. Possibly a silly question but here goes.

Been looking on Autotrader for FN2 Type R GT. Some of the adverts claim the car has sat nav and I don't believe this to be the case (haven't called them yet). Just wanted to check.

I believe the inbuilt sat nav on the civic looks like this:

However some are claiming to have Sat nav with the following set up:

Is this possible? Can you have the inbuilt sat nav with the set up in the second picture?

Could be a silly question but just wanted to check before making myself look silly so a seller :)

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hi Guys

My first post!! :eek:

I am looking to join the Type R club finally, have owned a Civic Type S before but now looking to go one big step further....can't wait!

Got a question on Sat Nav's. Possibly a silly question but here goes.

Been looking on Autotrader for FN2 Type R GT. Some of the adverts claim the car has sat nav and I don't believe this to be the case (haven't called them yet). Just wanted to check.

I believe the inbuilt sat nav on the civic looks like this:

However some are claiming to have Sat nav with the following set up:

Is this possible? Can you have the inbuilt sat nav with the set up in the second picture?

Could be a silly question but just wanted to check before making myself look silly so a seller :)
The second car does not have sat nav with that head unit. Not at all.

Options are
1) Install the Honda HU and screen to get Honda sat nav.
2) Install a third party HU with a built in sat nav.
3) Use a separate 3rd party sat nav unit like a TomTom/Garmin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys, sorry might not have explained it correctly

The 2nd image is off an advert where someone is claiming that Sat nav is already installed. Just wanted to check if this was possible with that set up. I didn't think it was possible because there is no screen for the sat nav.

Your replies have explained it for me though thanks for your help!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,422 Posts
As Syx said, in your 2 photos the top picture has SatNav the bottom doesn't.

The giveaway is the large jog wheel.

If you do get one with SatNav check it works both on inspection and again before you pay then drive it away.

Reactions: Clev

·
Registered
140 Posts
When I we getting mine I ran into a fair few claiming they had features which weren't present on the car (mostly the face lift stuff). More annoyingly they claimed it shouldn't make any difference to the value of the car!!!! Apparently a lot of trade sellers just get the details online from a database and dump them in the advert which is why they make mistakes. You would think that would be false advertising but apparently not! Might be what's happening for you?

Reactions: Clev

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I we getting mine I ran into a fair few claiming they had features which weren't present on the car (mostly the face lift stuff). More annoyingly they claimed it shouldn't make any difference to the value of the car!!!! Apparently a lot of trade sellers just get the details online from a database and dump them in the advert which is why they make mistakes. You would think that would be false advertising but apparently not! Might be what's happening for you?
I think this is the case, looks like the details are just pasted from somewhere. I guess this is the difference between and garage and a private seller. A private seller generally writes up everything about the car whereas I have notced garages tend to copy and paste from some info leaflet.

Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts