2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Was looking for some help. I've recently had a baby and my mrs has really started to hate my Audi TT roadster as she has to drive her car everywhere all the time (Corsa) so unfortunetly have been looking at a bigger family car.

I'm going to look at a 2007 FN2 type R on monday for a run around until she can get back to work and have literally no idea what to look for.

I have always had a softspot for this model and the performance/big boot is why im going for it. Always loved the Vtec. Would really appreciate the help. I've searched high and low for a buyers guide but can only find EP3 ones.

Warm Regards

Luke

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But over the TT I'd have back seats and a boot!

The civic is something thats come up at a price I can't really turn down as I'm planning to keep the TT.

The child seat we have is very easy to put in and out so i dont mind ducking in to take the baby in and out the car.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No worries then pal, I'd get ****** off pretty quick if I had to have a child seat in my three door but can see how it's an improvement nonetheless.

If you head on over to the forum wiki, there is a guide in there containing a whole list of items you should look out for. Give it a good read!

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I'd just had a baby I would be looking at a 5-door due to baby seat etc!
that's not as simple as you think and in my opinion the 3 door is easier as you don't have to lean over the seat, I stand outside the CTR and can put the seat and child in the car in less than 20 seconds it is that easy and we dont have an iso base seat either.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
You should check the wiki mate,

Rust on the roof along the top of the windscreen

Rust behind the door rubber on the top of the doors

3rd gear crunching

Clicking clutch pedal

These are the only ones I can think of.

There are a fair few faults to look out for but don't let that put you off as they are fantastic cars, shop around and take your time as there are plenty out there for sale.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Goes without saying but FSH is a must and carefully check for accident and repair.

Good luck matey and be picky as there are plenty to choose from.

Go for GT spec :)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
+1 on the GT spec and FSH

There is so many CTR for sale you can afford to be fussy

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
that's not as simple as you think and in my opinion the 3 door is easier as you don't have to lean over the seat, I stand outside the CTR and can put the seat and child in the car in less than 20 seconds it is that easy and we dont have an iso base seat either.
I think my problem may stem more from the child than the seat...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts