2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
The golf did not last long then? The usual faults which to be fair you will already know other than that mainly 07 could have a gearbox fault on the 3rd gear at high rpm and IMO buy a GT spec. I know there was a nice milano in the FS section with only 9k on the clock ;)

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Check the clutch doesn't creak and click, 3rd gear issues for earlier models. Other than that I would say the usual stuff, FSH and check very carefully for accident damage.

Good look with your search and be very picky as there are plenty out there.

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The golf did not last long then? The usual faults which to be fair you will already know other than that mainly 07 could have a gearbox fault on the 3rd gear at high rpm and IMO buy a GT spec. I know there was a nice milano in the FS section with only 9k on the clock ;)
lol only had it 6 weeks lol sitting here with cash and no car:(

·
Living the dream!
8,542 Posts
Check the clutch doesn't creak and click
Mine started this and if caught before the bushes get worn out just needs a little wd40 or spray grease, my neighbour who used to work for Honda shown me the Honda bulletin and also did mine yesterday and no longer creaks. Problem is when it gets really bad the small plastic bushes are ruined so a new pedal box is required where as a little lubrication when it first starts creaking stops the noise and the bushes wearing out.

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Make sure its :ictdi:.....lol

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one looks like its worth a look http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cars-sale/70303-2008-honda-civic-type-r-gt-milano-9000-miles.html but then again it might not be what you want or more than you want to spend
bit out of my price range

stunning but once again too expensive for me

Make sure its :ictdi:.....lol
no buddy type r this time :)

·
Gary
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And i know which type r you git :laugh:
Will be keeping my eye on this Gary. Heard a rumour that has me very interested ;)
lmao wit u 2 like, ross ross(rowbo) has his eye on something aswell but hes not getting it

ross all sorted just need to get finances sorted and the other things i was talking about

dont want to reveal anything till its all done and dusted so keep it to yourselves;):popcorn:

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
lmao wit u 2 like, ross ross(rowbo) has his eye on something aswell but hes not getting it

ross all sorted just need to get finances sorted and the other things i was talking about

dont want to reveal anything till its all done and dusted so keep it to yourselves;):popcorn:
Haha. If you get it make sure you pop along on Wednesday so I can have a good look at it

1 - 20 of 43 Posts