2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, after selling my original blue 10g sport plus and buying dare i say it a CRV ive had enough of it!😂Bad back or no bad back im going back to a civic because i miss it!
Im going back to a sport plus again 19 plate which i would say probably being the last year the sport plus was available, just asking you guys if any of you were the previous owner of this sonic grey plus, im going to view this over the weekend in Derby, were there any issues with this car before you parted with it? If so was this why you got rid as i dont want to purchase if its going to be a problem car.
Thanks guys.
Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just had an email from the dealer saying they have just sold it☹ oh well the search carries on!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
I just purchased a new 10g sport. Normally I go for something a couple of years old, but now these cars ( prefacelift) cost almost the same or even more than a new one with discount and manufacture finance contributions. Only the regular sports trim is available now though.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies guys, as for new sport i like my toys and going from a previous sport plus in the past the standard plus just dont cut it for me, as for the prestige im not very keen on the chrome and leather seats even though i bought a Crv Ex lol, i do prefer the sport plus with all the things the prestige has without leather and rear heated seats but with more aggresive appealing looks, i have now purchased a 19 plate in white, very clean, i had a very good deal including a very good part x for my 66 plate crv ex auto so has actually worked out cheaper than a new one!
Thanks guys,
Regards,
Nick

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice, don't forget to upload photo.
What Honda should of done is have the sport model with things like leather seats, sunroof etc as optional extras so people can pick n choose

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice, don't forget to upload photo.
What Honda should of done is have the sport model with things like leather seats, sunroof etc as optional extras so people can pick n choose
Unfortunately, Honda didn't seem to believe in 'optional extras' even when the Civics were made in Swindon!
Trim levels and Option Packs maybe. Seats were any colour you like as long as it's black. If you wanted 'Ivory' seats you could only get them with leather and only then if the car was black or Polished Metal, which mine was. Even then there was a long wait apparently.
The 1.5T Prestige and Sport Plus were canned a year or two ago in favour of the 1.0T, which had almost the same fuel consumption. I think the 1.5T should have been promoted more as a 'warm' hatch, which it is with 180 BHP, when compared to the likes of the 1.5T Golf.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm on my second 1.5T Sport which I bought new in November 2020. I'm more than pleased with the performance and fuel consumption on my car. Yesterday I did a 160 mile round trip and probably averaged 60 to 65 mph. The car was displaying 53.2 mpg, not sure if that's accurate, but the fuel gauge moved very little. Only issue with the car is the leaking air con condenser being replaced under warranty - I had the same issue with my last 1.5T Sport, a common problem which is not good.

Before I bought my Civic I looked at the Kia Ceed 1.6T GT, Hyundai i30 GT Line, Mazda 3 Sport, the Mazda build quality was excellent, but the 2ltr Mazda is only around 125bhp.

Non of them drove as well as the Civic 1.5T Sport and Honda's deal was far better than the other manufacturers dealers were willing to offer.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heres some pics of the sport plus i have purchased, pick up next weekend, can't wait to get back behind the wheel of a 10gen again! 😊😁
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice, get a bluespark box fitted when you can, it also improves economy a bit, I just av 55 mpg over a 164 mile x2 round trip to Ipswich along the M6 and A14.
I had an aftermarket sunroof fitted to my sport as planning on keeping it a while, great performance, economy, room, spec and looks more stylish than say a Golf or Focus, I just had the A/C issue (sorted under warranty), water ingress in the one side indicator and a few rattles on the negative side.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts