2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Connects2 and, being a student, am trying to squeeze every penny of saving that I can.

I noticed there are a few kits for very cheap that have the wiring for other car brands. The actual unit itself appears to be the same stereo aux input and single output. So my question is, is it possible to get one of these and buy just the wiring to connect the box to the CD changer port? If so, anybody have any ideas where to get this from?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Connects2 and, being a student, am trying to squeeze every penny of saving that I can.

I noticed there are a few kits for very cheap that have the wiring for other car brands. The actual unit itself appears to be the same stereo aux input and single output. So my question is, is it possible to get one of these and buy just the wiring to connect the box to the CD changer port? If so, anybody have any ideas where to get this from?

Thanks
Hi Dude,

i'd just suggest buying the one specific to the civic. It plugs in to where the CD changer should be, so make sure your car doesn't already have one. I think it's different for Sat Nav models too. Out of memory I paid £28 new and then had to buy a longer AUX to RCA cable as the one that comes with the kit is around 0.5M long

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dude,

i'd just suggest buying the one specific to the civic. It plugs in to where the CD changer should be, so make sure your car doesn't already have one. I think it's different for Sat Nav models too. Out of memory I paid £28 new and then had to buy a longer AUX to RCA cable as the one that comes with the kit is around 0.5M long
I've found some new kits for around the £30 mark but noticed that some used units are being sold for about £8 including postage, I guessed I could spend around another £8 on the wiring and then I have the entire system for half price :)

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I've found some new kits for around the £30 mark but noticed that some used units are being sold for about £8 including postage, I guessed I could spend around another £8 on the wiring and then I have the entire system for half price :)
Wouldn't trust that completely my friend. Some people are selling them by incorrectly purchase for around £20. But bear in mind, buy cheap, buy twice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is another unit I've found from Germany, has both iPod and aux connection but anybody any experience of these (noticed that one unit sold so I'm being hopeful!)

Honda Aux in Adapter iPod iPhone Interface Accord Crv Civic S - 2000 Radio Cable | eBay

Not sure why I'd be buying twice, surely if I just get a used Connects2 from a non-Honda and buy another cable to route from Connects2 box to 6 CD changer port the quality of product will be just the same?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
This is another unit I've found from Germany, has both iPod and aux connection but anybody any experience of these (noticed that one unit sold so I'm being hopeful!)

Honda Aux in Adapter iPod iPhone Interface Accord Crv Civic S - 2000 Radio Cable | eBay

Not sure why I'd be buying twice, surely if I just get a used Connects2 from a non-Honda and buy another cable to route from Connects2 box to 6 CD changer port the quality of product will be just the same?
For the chance of the above breaking and probably not fitting, there's plenty of good reviews from the connects2 kit, and I just checked, I couldn't find any cheap used ones.

Honda Civic AUX iPod iPhone MP3 player Honda iPod iPhone AUX adapter interface | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts