2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everybody, first post and just joined the forum as I'm looking for a FN2 as it ticks all my boxes for a fun car with a big load space for carrying all my man toys, currently using a caddy van. My question is am I better paying a premium for a CW over a 2010 onwards with the LSD. I do like the white colour and its limited number, but understand that its going to be a ball ache to keep clean especially the wheels. Looking at whats about I could save over 1k by going for a standard one. Thanks

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
You can save way more than 1k buying a non championship white one. Yes they look great but the only difference is LSD. FN2 prices are really dropping now. Buy a cheaper one that needs a bit of TLC and you could save £1000s

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mate, will I miss the LSD if I get a 2008-2009? At that age yeah I can save a couple of thousand. Thanks

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
LSD is standard on all FN2s built (not registered) after April 2010. My 60 plate car didn't have one despite being registered in September 2010 as it was built in March. A diff really helps the car, so I'd say try to get one as having one fitted isn't cheap.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
LSD is standard on all FN2s built (not registered) after April 2010. My 60 plate car didn't have one despite being registered in September 2010 as it was built in March. A diff really helps the car, so I'd say try to get one as having one fitted isn't cheap.
Budget 1k for an LSD fitted, save way more than that by buying an earlier version without one.

It's hit and miss if you get a newer 2010 model one with anyway for reasons given above.

Whilst the box is off, chuck on a new clutch. Most FN2s will be needing one now if it hasn't been changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers, a lot to think about and weight up my options. I do like the white and have seen a couple with low miles for just over 8.5k.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Having owner a 2007 fn2 for nearly 2 years, they are amazingly fun cars. If you can budget I'd get a cw one as it's the best colour imo. I own a bronze fn2 and now want a white one lol.
In the long run get one with an lsd as you will want one eventually!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would like HID’s so would be looking at 2009> with a lsd added later in the GT. What would you guys look to pay for a 2009 CW with around 50k on the clock?

·
K20 addict
983 Posts
Mines got an LSD and it's a 60 plate. I got the car for a good price but I've spent a hell of a lot fixing niggles and cleaning it up!

I wouldn't have got one without an LSD unless it was a mega bargain, my ep doesn't have one and it lets the car down sometimes to be honest. After selling my R26 megane and wanting an FN, it had to have an lsd. Wish I'd got a CW though as i hate black!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Would like HID’s so would be looking at 2009> with a lsd added later in the GT. What would you guys look to pay for a 2009 CW with around 50k on the clock?
About 7-8k? Providing it has fsh and generally been looked after with max 2 owners

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
SIMPLY MUGEN
479 Posts
You should easily find a nice one for that sort of money. Try one without lsd and then one with . Then your know what a fool you’d be buying one without .

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Why is the non LSD the deal killer? It's not exactly hard to have one fitted! You can pick up a decent low mile FN2 for 4.5k. Get a diff fitted and keep 2.5k in your back pocket if you're looking at spending 8k. No brainer.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/classifieds-archive/404049-civic-type-r-fn2-gt.html

Perfect example there.
Upon reflection, this is great advice. I paid £12.5K for a two-year-old, low mileage FN2 back in late 2012. If I had my time again I'd buy an older car and save a fortune to do stuff like the LSD. Actually I'd buy an Integra, but that's a whole other story...:wink3:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Super Moderator
1,129 Posts
Mine's a 2011 GT (in Red - the only colour IMO) bought from Honda dealer last November, 34k miles, 1 lady owner, £10k, Honda service history & used warranty.
Had to replace the tyres (my choice) and have just having to get brakes sorted due to seized caliper.
Buy on condition & history and pay what you think is fair.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I had a CWE and loved it. Young lad in a limited edition car with no responsibilities.... keeping the wheels clean and well maintained was a right chore. To stop them pitting they need washed twice a week (I only did 6-7k a year) Being 30 with child and dog I couldn't be bothered or could spare the time to keep the car maintained the way I wanted. Depends on how big on an enthusiast you are.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing but Have just purchased another Fn2 a 58 plate with a mfactory LSD paid 5.8k I think as its already been said you could get a 08-09 with fair mileage and have a diff fitted at a later date maybe if it needs a clutch at some point.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts