2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
hei,

When I worked in Tampere, Finland, many people there bought cars from Germany and drove them back. The type R is £15,300 inc taxes and registration in England so €16,000 over here!

I believe that if you owned a car for 12 months in England you can drive it back to Finland without paying any tax. If I was in your situation, I would order one here (left hand drive) and keep it registered in England and drive it to Finland. After a year, register it as a Finnish car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hei,

When I worked in Tampere, Finland, many people there bought cars from Germany and drove them back. The type R is £15,300 inc taxes and registration in England so €16,000 over here!

I believe that if you owned a car for 12 months in England you can drive it back to Finland without paying any tax. If I was in your situation, I would order one here (left hand drive) and keep it registered in England and drive it to Finland. After a year, register it as a Finnish car.

I dont think that he can register left hand drive car and register it in Finland......even after a year.......we can't do it here in Slovakia also......
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I dont think that he can register left hand drive car and register it in Finland......even after a year.......we can't do it here in Slovakia also......
:banghead:
In Sweden you can, so it may well be possible.

But better to buy a car in an LHD country than the UK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts