2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realistically, what net price can this be done for ?

Cheapest set of rages NEW appears to be £1699 from Holdcroft ?

Existing set of 18's in pristine condition are worth what, £500 maybe (with tyres) ?

So net deal can be done for £1200 ?

Also, anyone known to sell second hand rages for less ? Tried a few brokers yards, and nothing (not surprisingly !)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
In my experience you will make more on the wheels if you sell them separately. I have seen full sets sell for as little as £400, but I think you'll easily sell them individually for £125 each.

Regarding buying second hand Rages, keep your eye on eBay as they do come up for sale on there. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my experience you will make more on the wheels if you sell them separately. I have seen full sets sell for as little as £400, but I think you'll easily sell them individually for £125 each.

Regarding buying second hand Rages, keep your eye on eBay as they do come up for sale on there. :)

Hmm good advice, I guess there's loads of people out there who've damaged a wheel that would just buy the one, but not the full set.

Yea I'll keep my eyes on ebay and similar for the Rages. Definitely interested at the right price !

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hmm good advice, I guess there's loads of people out there who've damaged a wheel that would just buy the one, but not the full set.
Not only that, if there is someone who needs to replace two worn front tyres, at £250 it is nearly as cheap as buying two new Bridgestone RE050 tyres. :)

·
Banned
470 Posts
Rages before Knockhill lol

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I would be interested in a couple of wheels with newish tyres

I have just kerbed one !
I've got a full set that I'll be putting up for sale over the next few weeks. They're off the car and sat in my garage. I just need to give them a nice clean for the lucky new owner ;)

The wheels themselves are totally mint and kerbmark free. The tyres are RE050's with loads of tread left. I haven't measured yet, but I'm thinking 5-6mm all round easy.

Keep an eye out for my For Sale thread when it comes along as I will be willing to split provided I get all four sold up front.

:)

·
Banned
470 Posts
hahaha!!! whilst i tell you to go faster in the passenger seat lol!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where abouts do you live? I maybe interested in buying the full set if the price is right.

Was that aimed at aphemia or me ?

I'm looking to secure rages either as part of the deal, or seperately then I'll sell the 18's either as a set or 4 individual. Apparently worth at least £125 each according to those in the know..... ?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
i sold my spare set of rages at the weekend for 775.00 - minus 25.00 paypal fee

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i sold my spare set of rages at the weekend for 775.00 - minus 25.00 paypal fee

Bugger, you should've mentioned, I'd have given you £800 for them :worms:

·
Premium Member