2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Im definately gonna buy a type R GT tomorrow, I was offered a great deal i couldnt refuse 0% APR!!+scrappage= really low repayments
And the dealer is expecting a delivery on 16/06/09 so I might have my car around 21/06/09 after their inspections....mmmmm

My spidey senses are tingling here as there might be a catch that my inexperienced eyes cannot see......

It was confirmed that it would be a '09 spec by the sales girl but what specific questions do I need to ask to determine that I'm not getting an '08 spec? e.g VIN, lights etc....

Also the brochure and the sales girl confirmed Deep Bronze is still an option

Any extras I'm entitled to in '09 spec (USB,ipod cable, HIDs,...etc) that they might try to deny me if I didnt know any better?

Last but not least I have checked the forum for similar posts but there was never a 100% agreement as to what is '09 and what is '08?

Thank you in advance everyone

·
Registered
71 Posts
All,

Im definately gonna buy a type R GT tomorrow, I was offered a great deal i couldnt refuse 0% APR!!+scrappage= really low repayments
And the dealer is expecting a delivery on 16/06/09 so I might have my car around 21/06/09 after their inspections....mmmmm

My spidey senses are tingling here as there might be a catch that my inexperienced eyes cannot see......

It was confirmed that it would be a '09 spec by the sales girl but what specific questions do I need to ask to determine that I'm not getting an '08 spec? e.g VIN, lights etc....

Also the brochure and the sales girl confirmed Deep Bronze is still an option

Any extras I'm entitled to in '09 spec (USB,ipod cable, HIDs,...etc) that they might try to deny me if I didnt know any better?

Last but not least I have checked the forum for similar posts but there was never a 100% agreement as to what is '09 and what is '08?

Thank you in advance everyone
Congratulations on the purchase.

Check the VIN number, part of the code shows the date of manufacture.

It may well show an 08 manufacture date and that would suggest that it isnt an 09 build or spec.

My CTR is an 09 plate but is an 08 build. I bought this knowingly as I got a great deal.

Hope this helps, but most details on the honda website show in the small print that an 08 manufacturing year car is provided for the APR offers they have.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It should mean you get an 09 plate with an 08 spec car.
I cant see it having the slight refinments like USB etc as mine doesnt.

Im sure they would be breaking some form of sales rule if they 'added' these 09 features to an 08 build, even if that were possible or if they tried to pass it as an 09 build. Unfortunatley the small print never lies and quite often has a sting.

Even if it is an 08 build, the car should be great. I love mine, you will love yours im sure.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Ahah it does say offer applies to 08MY spec
So what does that mean to me?
As David mentions, it means the car they are offering you will be last years spec and won't have the 09MY CTR additional spec is which is....... HID headlights with washers, usb/ipod connector, updated interior plastics.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im sure i will
Did you get the chrome under the front grill on yours or is that a 09 spec as well

·
Banned
952 Posts
As David mentions, it means the car they are offering you will be last years spec and won't have the 09MY CTR additional spec is which is....... HID headlights with washers, usb/ipod connector, updated interior plastics.
spot little difference but the spec makes a big difference with the usb port,i also like the headlights with the jetwash:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
The small print on the 0% finance offer does say it's for 08MY car's, but dealers are also offering it on 09's. Mine's an 09MY and I got the finance. Don't be talked into having an 08 because of the finance. Sure, you'll absolutely love the car whatever but if the dealer tries to push you towards an 08 make sure you get a good discount.

If it is an 09 you'll get all the new bits - they won't be able to take anything back - so if it's got headlamp washers, HIDs and USB in the armrest it's an 09

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The small print on the 0% finance offer does say it's for 08MY car's, but dealers are also offering it on 09's. Mine's an 09MY and I got the finance. Don't be talked into having an 08 because of the finance. Sure, you'll absolutely love the car whatever but if the dealer tries to push you towards an 08 make sure you get a good discount.

If it is an 09 you'll get all the new bits - they won't be able to take anything back - so if it's got headlamp washers, HIDs and USB in the armrest it's an 09
Ive seen my VIN whilst I was signing the paper work it had FN2**09**
Ive been quoted it will have the USB in armrest but not the HIDs????

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
Hope they give you good service if it's the same dealer you had problems with when things seemed too good to be true.
Have Fun. Word of WARNING Please watch the amount of pressure you put on the go faster padal with you rright foot. as you will get to 30. 60 &70 ish far quicker that you have possibly been use to.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts