2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just back from a long'ish trip to Kent ( lapped the M25 today!) and noticed an annoying buzzing sound/vibration from the dash (put a finger on the dash and it goes away lift off and its back) when the car is cruising at around 60-65 mph happen to anyone else??

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Just a resonant frequency. Have you had the dash out (at the dealer?)

give everything a good push down, and hopefully it will get sorted that way..

otherwise, pop into the dealer and see if they can fix it :)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
elfa7 said:
Is it a dreaded Ladybird ??
Hadn't thought of that :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the exact same problem. Seems to be the stereo. If youtouch it it will stop for a bit, then come back again just as loud. I want to hit it with a hammer sometimes!!
Dealer said they did something to it to rectify, but they clearly havent.

·
Registered
214 Posts
In mine it's not like vibration, more like some squeak noise coming from the dashboard plastic and rubber parts when driving on slightly rougher road surface.
After visiting my dealer this morning with this problem for the 4th time in a short period without any improvements, they made the good (hopefully) decision not to try opening the whole dashboard again cause it just gets looser and more noisy from it, instead they have now ordered from factory a whole new dashboard combination and will install it as soon as it arrives.
Seems like the best option in this situation, I just hope [smilie=whistle.gif]

·
Registered
745 Posts
Yes, have buzz from (I think) left side of radio panel- at least that is where I "stroke it" to stop it.
Not always there - just seems to come and go.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Even the Top Gear long term Civic is affected by squeaks.

They have they nice idea of naming them in their November issue - one of them is called Flo!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll call mine 'ring tone' - as that is the sound of CS!!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
Finding it is usually the worst bit

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,813 Posts
Have you tried silicone spray ?

Worked wonders on my squeaky Xantia.

Sometimes squeaks & rattles are caused by the opposite of what you would expect.

My last car had no squeaks or rattles until I fitted a Brodit ProClip. What that did was to lock together 2 dashboard panels that were supposed to 'float'. Once I removed the clip (that pushed between 2 panels) the rattle stopped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all... just taken delivery of my Ex Diesel, it too seems to have this buzzing rattle you mention... I have narrowed it down to the silver ring around the multi jog control as when you put light pressure on this the noise stops. It does only do this at certain speeds however...

·
Registered
100 Posts
noise from behind the glovebox

My wifes 1.8 SE has developed a intermittent buzzing noise from the glove box area. It appears worse when the engine is cold, and happens only in the lower rev range. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Only just discovered this thread and yep, my radio panel has a buzz. I fyou pust the middle of the radio, just below the CD slot, i goes away! Really annoying

·
Registered
76 Posts
same vibrating noise from air vent central or radio area tracked mine to the double air vent in centre of dash. if you look up inside the vent there is a double skin of plastic there and these vibrate against each other , put a piece of cardboard in between mine which stopped this. going into dealer monday to have rattles sorted ,i also got an annoying buzzing come vibrating noise from roof lining at front somebody says this is to do with sticky tabs coming unstuck in the roof area holding wires in place.?

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
i seem to have a range of different squeaks and rattles that seem to be linked to the outside temperature. if its 10 degrees there is one kind of rattle ...at 15 dergrees another. .....at 20 degrees another type.

u get the idea.

did think of taking back to dealer but they come and go

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just got my 08 EX and there's a buzz on rough surfaces (most roads in the UK then), coming from the sat nav/radio selector wheel/button thing.

A light touch on the wheel or the button and the buzz stops. Once I have the radio or CD on, it's unnoticeable as it drowns it out.

Other than that I have no other rattles of concern. Just this one. Kind of minor but a little annoying when all else is quiet. Still a vast improvement on my Pug 206 though! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts