2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a buzzing and rattling noise coming from drivers side roof area and around the rear view mirror? any fixes or names of dealers that have fixed this problem greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
I had that, the dealer removed some lugs off the top of the clips in that area, they were catching and making a noise.

The rooflining has since been much quieter, shame about the rest of my car's rattles!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thx, Was that fix a Honda approved solution? My dealership denies all knowledge and are unwilling to carry out the work.

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
Are they offering to help try and solve the problem or fobbing you off?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They have been helpful up till now, but have said they have spent too much time on the car and don't know what else they can do. I also have a creaking noise which comes from between the dashboard and the passenger side 'A' pillar. I think it is due to the dashboard being too tight against the 'A' pillar. I went out tonight and put a piece of folded up paper between the two and took it along the roughest piece of road and guess what no creaking noise. I have told the dealer this several times but they keep saying it is due to other things, when it is obviously not.

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
That's frustrating. If the car isn't right then they should be there to help and solve the problems.

Can they hear the problems themselves when you take the car in?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They say they cant hear a thing and that all type-r's rattle as they are mass produced cars. When I say it didnt do it when it was purchased and that 2 friends have identical cars with no ratles, all they say its a mass produced car again.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Has anyone experienced a buzzing and rattling noise coming from drivers side roof area and around the rear view mirror? any fixes or names of dealers that have fixed this problem greatly appreciated.
I had similar noise on my car it was the roof lining rubbing so i took the front light housing off and out some tissues in between the roof and the lining and it stopped it :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Many thanks, just got the car back, but still rattles. Does anyone have a fix for the dashboard rubbing against the 'a' pillar? I proved to the dealer that by sliding some paper between the 2 parts fixes this, they say they have done this fix but still no change, anyone have any ideas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts