2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapped my Civic 2.2 2006 for a 2008 Silverstone Grey (the best color imo) S2000 2 days ago, It suddenly occurred to me that I have no need for 5 seats/doors and so much boot space.... WOW what a car!! what a sound! :D

If they had had one of these at a DriversDream day I did last year I would've changed much sooner! (did 3 laps each in F360, Sub WRX, 911 Turbo, Elise, Caterham, Gallardo and TVR) so I have some kind of metric feeling, at least on an emotional level... I was lusting after the Elise, because it was the most fun on the track alongside the Caterham and Gallardo (all for different reasons) but I chickened out of buying one at the last minute, too raw for an everyday car, and GF would never allow the lack of safety equipment like airbags and VSA type stuff. Then I literally remembered about the existence of the s2000, did some internet research, surprised for what you get for the money, next thing I know I own one :)

Things I love about the S2K:

- The Power
- The Feel
- The Music
- The Understated Styling (for what it is)
- The Extra hair flick girls do as they walk by :) ... we live in a material world.

What I miss about the Civ2.2

- The Torque... Much easier to hill start and mount kerbs at <1 mph etc. But then I have only owned diesels in the past. (I need help advice with this transition)
- The economy
- The relative eco friendliness but I have discovered carbon offsetting is good for curing the guilty feeling.
- The Road Tax and insurrance costs (Paid Adrian Flux £1000 up front (same as the civ with Direct Line (must be coz I live in Glasgow), and have a £3000 exceess! I think of that as extra motivation to not crash :)

Cheers

S

·
Natural Aspirations
49 Posts
careful on the limit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
careful on the limit!
I dont plan on getting anywhere near it! not without advanced track training first, so that I even know where the limit is (plan to do a Knockhill course at some point).

If anyone has any suggestions for such courses in the Scotland I would very much appreciate it.

Going to Loch Lomond tomorrow so pics made with an excellent camera (Panasonic GF1) and suitable scenery will be forthcoming :)

Cheers

S

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just changed from a ctr fn2 to the s2000, 2009. Only 1600 miles on the clock, berlina black, red leather seat, hard top and stand. Awesome car for what you can pick them up for second hand...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Congratulations; get yourself over to S2ki.com (UK section) for all the S2000 information you will ever need.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Can anyone compare owning motorcyle and swap to S2000
It is on my mind...

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Well Just bought this S2000
MY 2004, about 50k (km) on the clock

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Sooooooooo jealous !!!!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
very nice!

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Must have a talk to my wife, to expand the living room to park the S2K :)

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Someone has an idea where to find an 04 owners manual?

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Also downloaded a US 04 S2000 manual for free. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts