2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As per my other thread I'm struggling to fix a nasty rumbling noise from something on the aux belt path. To quickly check if it is actually the compressor is there a way to fit a shorter belt to bypass the compressor?

It seems like the some ep3s have the same aux belt layout as the fn2 and some ep3s have no air-conditioning but I'm struggling to find out if its possible to do?

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,812 Posts
Before trying that, it may be worth individually targeting items with WD40 (while the engine is running) to see if you can identify which one goes quiet for a while?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but that 1640 belt is the same one as on the car currently!

Access to the compressor is tricky when it's all up an running, however I have noticed that the clutch plate is not consistently spaced to the pulley, one side is 2mm or more, the other side is almost touching and the clutch was being dragged around a little, so I guess that might be the source of some of the noise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the correct answer, for future reference is 7pk1283 which is the same belt as on aircon-less ep3s

Oh and it was definitely the aircon compressor as the pulley partially seized and started to let the magic smoke out of the belt! :-o

·
Registered
1 Posts
Air con compressor bypass civic mk8 2.2 ctdi

Just adding info to the thread,my girlfriends air con compressor failed and shredded the aux drive belt, 2008 mk8 civic 2.2 ctdi.
Not having a spare £500 to replace the compressor opted to try shorter belt and re route without including the compressor pulley.

As you already know the standard belt is 7pk1645 including air con compressor
the belt required to bypass the compressor 7pk1318 at a cost of £20 tricky to get to
the pulleys tho including removal drivers side wheel (rhd) and plastic inner wheel arch trim
(two person job) garage will probably charge 1/2 labour minimum.

Car now back on the road girlfriend happy well as long as we dont have a heat wave like earlier this month in the uk!!

Cheers and hope info helps someone else out with similar fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts