2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could somebody help me with my problem. I simply cannot find a way (without drilling new holes) to get cables for audio and stuff from engine bay to interior.

Thanks

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No grommets visible through the firewall? Have a look in the driver footwell and see if you can see where the cables go through into the engine bay

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ofc there are cables going trough the firewall but they are quite unreachable. I dont really want to cut into anything. And finding a way from the interior is quite impossible since I would have to demount whole dashboard... :-/

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
The problem is behind the dash of the 9g is completely different to the 8g, for a start the heater/AC system is huge and completely fills the space behind the glove box (Hence the new style flip out style glovebox)... You can't even see any of the grommets. The drivers side is just as bad with various modules and boxes. The only grommet visible is directly behind the MCIU and has a large amount of wires going though.

The way I got my side cam wiring through was via the door wiring grommet, which is twice as big as it needs to be and can be accessed easily in the footwell... Look.. you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is behind the dash of the 9g is completely different to the 8g, for a start the heater/AC system is huge and completely fills the space behind the glove box (Hence the new style flip out style glovebox)... You can't even see any of the grommets. The drivers side is just as bad with various modules and boxes. The only grommet visible is directly behind the MCIU and has a large amount of wires going though.

The way I got my side cam wiring through was via the door wiring grommet, which is twice as big as it needs to be and can be accessed easily in the footwell... Look.. you will see what I mean.
I did that today and Im not very confident about that one. I want to fit mine cam in the front. Anyway I will give that another try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts