2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to burden you guys with yet another 'painted caliper' post, but here goes...

As some of you may know I had to remove previously applied foliatec caliper paint as the 'red' kit came out purple.... a full day last Saturday was spent doing this.

I set to yesterday morning and used 3 coats of red Hammerite Smooth as recommended by most leaving 3 hours between coats, finally applying 'Honda Decals' after leaving them overnight for the paint to fully cure...

More than happy with the results...

Attachments

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Chris!...

Now go and paint your Trolley Jack ;)
Keep your eyes peeled for my next project :lol:... just waiting for the skunk2 to arrive for the handle! haha!

·
Registered
332 Posts
agree with robbo looks good with your colour car sets it off nice,
thanks for the comments about mine.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
nice mate! anyway, where did you get the Honda decals? it does give an extra bit of special looks of the calipers ;)

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
How did you apply the paint. I found with the standard paint brush it was really annoying to try and not get any grooves from where the bristles have been.

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice mate! anyway, where did you get the Honda decals? it does give an extra bit of special looks of the calipers ;)
Thanks mate... actually ordered the decals from Ebay...
Honda Brake Caliper Decals to fit all models CURVED x5 on eBay (end time 13-Apr-11 21:34:00 BST)

How did you apply the paint. I found with the standard paint brush it was really annoying to try and not get any grooves from where the bristles have been.
Used a small standard brush from Wilkinsons for a couple of quid... First two coats i applied really thin as to build up the colour yet avoiding any unsightly drips. The final coat I had to apply much thicker as this blends out the brush strokes. If you can manage that without any running or drips you will be left with a a very smooth glossy finish! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
love it matey, is your car the 5 door?

can you take some pics of the kit on it, it looks smart. Im confused on what to do with mine.

Also, loving the storms, how much did you get them for?

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
looks very nice mate......top job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts