2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Am i doing something wrong, or does this not work?

Basically i have paired my phone to the HFT and imported my phonebook, i can scroll using the nav screen and call someone, have tried the voice dialling, but not having much luck with that bit yet! What im wanting to know is when i recieve an incoming call, is there a way to get it to display the name of the caller instead of the number?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I don't think so. I emailed them to ask the question. The only solution is to mount your phone somewhere you can see the screen, or mute the cars ringtone and personalise you phone ringtones for your contacts.

It's a bit disappointing really. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
phone tranfer to sat nav

Hi,

Am i doing something wrong, or does this not work?

Basically i have paired my phone to the HFT and imported my phonebook, i can scroll using the nav screen and call someone, have tried the voice dialling, but not having much luck with that bit yet! What im wanting to know is when i recieve an incoming call, is there a way to get it to display the name of the caller instead of the number?

Thanks in advance
how did you tranfer to sat nav i got 2006 ex

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
You can't transfer numbers on pre 09 models as the HFT and Navigation have updated software/hardware.

There is no known way of showing text instead of numbers :(

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
You can't transfer numbers on pre 09 models as the HFT and Navigation have updated software/hardware.

There is no known way of showing text instead of numbers :(
Yes, what he said. :-(

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh damn it! Seems a bit silly to not hae the names, its like they expect you to remember every number in the phone book and know the name. Theres an option to add number to HFT, so i guess this doesnt allow you to use a name either then? :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys
just spotted this thread.
I've got 57 07 EX, but I believe that I can't even see numbers. I just checked my manual to see if I can scroll through numbers but all I can see is voice operated entrance of numbers and to call a number by name. Am I correct?
cheers

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Hi guys
just spotted this thread.
I've got 57 07 EX, but I believe that I can't even see numbers. I just checked my manual to see if I can scroll through numbers but all I can see is voice operated entrance of numbers and to call a number by name. Am I correct?
cheers
See post 5 above ;)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Post 5 also states "You can't transfer numbers on pre 09 models as the HFT and Navigation have updated software/hardware."

So as your 57 07 EX is a pre 09 model you cannot transfer numbers - didn't think is was that difficult to understand but hay ho!! :facepalm:

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you understood English grammar correctly, you would realise that I wasn't asking how to transfer numbers etc.
Post 5 and 7 should state

'There is no known way of showing text OR numbers :sad:

Hey Ho to you!

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
I'm sorry but it was my understanding that if you can't transfer numbers on a car built earlier than the 09 models then there would be no numbers to show.

Post 5 and 7 should not state "There is no known way of showing text OR numbers" since if you have a 09 model car or later you can show numbers as you have the ability to transfer them - you cannot currently show text on any MY car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts