2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

Had my CTR for about a month now and very happy with it and also been lucky enough to have no problems (including creaking dash!) so far....

However, whilst washing it "properly" for the first time I have notice that when the side doors are closed, a part of the rubber seal/trim is visible. On closer inspection it would appear that this is fitted correctly, just honda haven't put enough pins/pinholes to hold the rubber tort.

Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem?

Second thing is, that on start up and at low speeds I can hear a sort of "whine" noise coming from the engine ( I assume), which appears to be coming from just infront of the driver side. Anyone know if this is a normal CTR noise or is it worth getting it looked at?

Ta very much in advance

Ant

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
I had the exact same problem with the rubber door trim myself. A return trip to the dealers sorted it out.

Not sure what "Whine" your referring to but if u get chance have a listen to another CTR to see if they make a similar noise otherwise Id again ask yr dealer.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Dude, I think mine might be a bit 'whiny', you need to pop over so we can compare .... plus I can do your calipers :)

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi mate, my seals arn't 'brilliant' but it hasn't leaked so I haven't been bothered to send it back!

I belive the car is known to whine when cold!

·
Registered
158 Posts
had the seals hanging down a bit so you could see them with the door closed. i just cut some thin strips of double sided sticky and stuck the seals on between the poppers where they were hanging down. sorted.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Second thing is, that on start up and at low speeds I can hear a sort of "whine" noise coming from the engine ( I assume), which appears to be coming from just infront of the driver side. Anyone know if this is a normal CTR noise or is it worth getting it looked at?

Ta very much in advance

Ant
I've also got a whine. Originally thought it was specific to 2nd gear but can sort of hear it in 1st and 3rd, all at low speed. Maybe the same as yours? Was driving a Jazz at the weekend and heard something similar (mainly in 2nd gear again).

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/type-r/32859-second-gear-whine.html

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
i took my car to the dealers last week so sort out a few issues, the whinning i refered to was put down to the fly wheel, as its lighter or somerthing, they also said 'comes with the car'

i also had my creeking dash sorted, which re appeared again today! dont no if i can be bothered to keep runnin it back and forth, will it ever get sorted?!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Honestly, if there's one thing I've learnt from owning two FN2 Type-Rs, there will be rattles and small niggles. As long as it's nothing big, I'd learn to live with it or sort it myself. I'd say it's mostly a suspension thing, my dad has an Audi RS6 and that rattles on rough roads...

·
Registered
5 Posts
just check the plastic cover that holds your air con filter in, this is under the centre of dash from the passenger side. Mine broke and flew off at 6 months, and with no seal made a whining noise, until fixed by dealer

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheers for the replies guys... I agree that there are always going to be small issues, and the whining isnt annoying, I just wanted to make sure it was normal or not!

I will check out the suggestions...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts