2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
however, the valve clearances will need to be checked/adjusted at the 25k service (I think) and that'll be included in the price of the service

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
providing the value clearances are checked with the services it should last as long as the engine ........... someone please correct me if I am wrong :)
+1

As long as you look after the car and get it properly serviced regularly, the cam chain should last the lifetime of the car.

Isn't it cam belts that need changing every 70,000-80,000 miles? (So doesn't affect us).

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
thats what i thought, but on the Honda service schedule, it says cam belt / chain, so i just took it as it needed changing.

ill enquire and find out
Yeah, I also noticed theres a page in the manual that has a couple of boxes where the dealer should stamp when the cam belt is changed...which I thought was a bit weird lol.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Yeah, I also noticed theres a page in the manual that has a couple of boxes where the dealer should stamp when the cam belt is changed...which I thought was a bit weird lol.
Don't forget that the service book is the same one as used for some other Honda models that have different service intervals and requirements.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Depends on the car and how its driven it's becoming more apparent that even at 30k the chains have stretched and need replacing but the symptons seem all the same in the cars Ive seen. But they are cars that hit vtec every day and every gear normal every day drivers stay to the manual

1 - 12 of 12 Posts