2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I changed my springs from stock to eibach 15mm kit.The guys at tdi were kind enough to send me frs settings.There is only one place local to me that can carry out camber adjustments,so i booked the car in to have it done.The guy took about 40 mins to carry out adjustments to the front,he did'nt do anything to the rear.I asked him about the rear and he said that the rear cant be adjusted because its a fixed beam,anybody know if this is correct.

The other problem im having is when im on a straight road traveling at speed there is alot of wobbling coming from the front,this travels up the steering colum,it just doesnt feel right.Its not a result of the camber adjustments because its been happening since i changed the springs.Can anybody give some advice?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Hi guys

I changed my springs from stock to eibach 15mm kit.The guys at tdi were kind enough to send me frs settings.There is only one place local to me that can carry out camber adjustments,so i booked the car in to have it done.The guy took about 40 mins to carry out adjustments to the front,he did'nt do anything to the rear.I asked him about the rear and he said that the rear cant be adjusted because its a fixed beam,anybody know if this is correct.

The other problem im having is when im on a straight road traveling at speed there is alot of wobbling coming from the front,this travels up the steering colum,it just doesnt feel right.Its not a result of the camber adjustments because its been happening since i changed the springs.Can anybody give some advice?
Rears can be changed mate.

The only thing adjustable on the front is toe, camber bolts make the front adjustable.

He needs to use toe & camber shims behind the hubs to allow the geometry to be set for the rears

Wobbling? Has a weight fallen off the wheel and it is no longer balanced?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ash

I fitted the rear shim myself,after that is there any other adjustments that can be made.

In regards to the wobbling i going to book the car in for tracking and balancing to c if that shows up anything.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Thanks ash

I fitted the rear shim myself,after that is there any other adjustments that can be made.

In regards to the wobbling i going to book the car in for tracking and balancing to c if that shows up anything.
Just toe and camber adjustments. Rears are a pain to do aren't they.

Let us know what comes of your wobbling

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Thanks ash

No ofense, but seems that you dont realy know the basics about your cars adjustibility....How did you fit the rear shims yourself???

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was pretty straight forward.I removed the brake caliper,followed by the brake disc.After that theres 4 bolts which are a bit of a pain to get off but eventually they come come off.When i removed the axle/spindle the hub is the same fitment as the shim so it can only go on one way.One side of the shim is thicker than the other,so if you want negative camber the thick end goes to the bottom and if you want positive the thick end goes to the top.

It took me about an hour to complete.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hope this helps a bit? :D

Fit front camber bolts on the front which are available from us. This will allow you to adjust the front camber and the toe to fast road spec.

On the rear we supply shims to get the rear toe and camber to the fast road spec. These do fit between the rear suspension arm and the stub axle/hub.

To get the correct shims, you do need to take a reading from the cars geometry first so that we can work out which shims you need.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input guys
I bought the eibach kit from tdi along with camber bolts.I got an alignment check done on the car ,i then sent this to tdi and they were kind enough to work out the required amount of shims that were needed.

I have a printout from after the camber adjustments,if i can get it on screen can you guys have a look and throw your spoke in,this might give me some peace of mind

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Thanks for your input guys
I bought the eibach kit from tdi along with camber bolts.I got an alignment check done on the car ,i then sent this to tdi and they were kind enough to work out the required amount of shims that were needed.

I have a printout from after the camber adjustments,if i can get it on screen can you guys have a look and throw your spoke in,this might give me some peace of mind
TDI might not like you posting the print out! I'd check with them first!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
TDI might not like you posting the print out! I'd check with them first!
They shouldnt mind.

We use:

Front toe: 1mm toe out overall
Front camber: 1 degree negative each side

Rear toe: 2mm toe in overall
Rear camber: 1 degree negative each side

Compare to this if you cant put it on here. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
They shouldnt mind.

We use:

Front toe: 1mm toe out overall
Front camber: 1 degree negative each side

Rear toe: 2mm toe in overall
Rear camber: 1 degree negative each side

Compare to this if you cant put it on here. ;)
Something tells me the veiw count of this thread will go through the roof now.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are the final values:

front axle LH RH

Total toe +2.9mm
Half toe +1.4mm 1.4mm
Camber -01.29 -01.23
Caster +04.75 +05.54

Rear axle

Total toe +0.3mm
Half toe +0.5mm -0.2mm
Camber -01.39 -01.26

What do you guys think?​

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
These are the final values:​

front axle LH RH​

Total toe +2.9mm
Half toe +1.4mm 1.4mm
Camber -01.29 -01.23
Caster +04.75 +05.54​

Rear axle​

Total toe +0.3mm
Half toe +0.5mm -0.2mm
Camber -01.39 -01.26​

What do you guys think?​
Front axle:

You can leave the camber @ 1.5 degrees or you can reduce that to 1 degree negative to save on tyre wear. The front toe definately needs adjusting as it is nearly 3mm toeing in and should be 1mm toeing out so it is nearly 4mm out of our spec.

Rear axle:

You have it toeing in on the left and toeing out on the right. These both need to be toeing in so you need a toe in shim for the right. It also has too much negative camber on the rear so you need a half degree camber shim to take half a degree of negative camber off to take it to 1 degree negative each side.

Hope this helps? ;)

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The guy said that the camber was the best he could get.Do you think its ok as it is,im not too sure, i mean whats the best to set it to.In regards to the toe what figure should it be at.

Im going to go back to get it sorted,sorry to be a nag but could you put down in writing speciffically what the settings should be,so i can show it to the guy.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh yeah i brought the car to a garage to rectify the wobbling.It turns out the front left wheel had a slow puncture which i knew about,but of course naturally i left it on the long finger.As a result the tyre is in a bad way,bulges on both sides.The guy said it could have went at any time.Now ive got to fork out for a new tyre :(.In future im going to keep my air pressure checked.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts