2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i'm new to this site ive had my 57 plate type r gt (gp kit) for a few months and just noticed the wheel on the passenger side front looks a bit straight compared to the other side (nearly vertical), ive took the wheels off and cant see anything bent or recently replaced theres no sign of any damage everything looks sound, and i havnt had any pulling to one side i know there is no camber adjustment, any ideas ?

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
get a 4 wheel alignment done just to be sure, it's gonna cost but will put your mind at ease !!

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Yup, get the geometery looked at fella. They have been known to come out of the factory with the alignment way out.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
But even if it is out there's nothing that can be done about the camber.
Exactly, you can fit camber bolts on the front, around £30ish a set, and shims on the back, around £8 a shim but needs suspension taking off to fit shim behind the hubs.

As it happens: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/50399-free-geometry-wheel-alignment-checks-tdi-north-south.html

Well worth a road trip. Warrington would be closest to you. ;) :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I see you're in Newcastle mate, Revolution in Dunston do free alignment checks. I was speaking to them the other day about getting the FRS done to mine and they give me a rough estimate of £450 :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I see you're in Newcastle mate, Revolution in Dunston do free alignment checks. I was speaking to them the other day about getting the FRS done to mine and they give me a rough estimate of £450 :)
FRS at TDi-North is £231.12 including VAT.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/50396-2011-fast-road-setup-prices-tdi-north.html

£530.08 if you want the Eibachs fitting as well but they only have 1 kit left at that price before the Eibach price increases kick in.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
FRS at TDi-North is £231.12 including VAT.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/50396-2011-fast-road-setup-prices-tdi-north.html

£530.08 if you want the Eibachs fitting as well but they only have 1 kit left at that price before the Eibach price increases kick in.
Sorry fella, should have said that was for fitting of eibach 30mm springs too. Sure the frs alone would be of a similar price. Would use TDI north or ABP but they're a fair drive from me :(

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Sorry fella, should have said that was for fitting of eibach 30mm springs too. Sure the frs alone would be of a similar price. Would use TDI north or ABP but they're a fair drive from me :(
He he. That is a good price for the Eibachs as well.

The FRS with the 15mm Eibachs and some basic brake upgrades are the first things I would recommend to anyone wanting to improve their Type R. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
He he. That is a good price for the Eibachs as well.

The FRS with the 15mm Eibachs and some basic brake upgrades are the first things I would recommend to anyone wanting to improve their Type R. :thumbsup:
Completely agree, I would always go for brake and suspension mods before any power mods :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
***** for the input, I was hoping to try and find the source of the problem myself and get it fixed ( some arm of some sort, bent or whatever ) I'll take it to revolution on sat. Cheers again.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
No problem mate, hope you get it sorted :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts