2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Actually, it means "low tyre pressure, system isnt being checked, let the dealer check this out immediatly" if it keeps showing. I read it from the book and it sounds you have a problem with the system that checks the pressure itself

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
The tyre pressure warning works off the abs, so there might be a prob with one of the sensors.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys, il check it again in the morning and if its still there il phone the dealer

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
It was also switching between "vsa" and "abs" on the HUD
Then there MIGHT be an issue with the ABS/VSA system. Get it checked ASAP

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange thing is I drove to work with no issues and it only flagged up when I started the car after work :confused:

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Strange thing is I drove to work with no issues and it only flagged up when I started the car after work :confused:
Yes that is strange :) Have you checked the pressure and tried to reset the tyre pressure system (I doubt it would help at all since ABS/VSA also came on)? I would do that just to be sure Before going too the dealer in case they reset it and it suddenly dissapears untill coming home again

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't been at the car since I got home from work but il check the pressure tomorrow. I did get the tyre pressure warning a couple of weeks ago and I topped it up and reset it

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iv had the tyre repaired, topped up the pressures and the warnings are still there. I thought they just needed resetting but it won't allow me to do this (I think I'm doing it right). Also a firm push of the brakes locks them up ! Think it may need a visit to Honda

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Depending on the car (not got a 9th Gen so not sure) they use the ABS sensor, to determine wheel rotation speed, and work out there's a puncture from that. They don't have any pressure sensors at all, but can identify the lower circumference of the wheel.

You'd get the same error, if you pump tyres up with too much pressure!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts