2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just bought a camera from ebay and intend to buy the input cable from Bog. Can anyone give advice on tapping into the brown wire (for switched camera view instead of only in reverse) WITHOUT taking dash apart. IE can I reach behind in the passenger footwell to complete. Or is there a way to remove the glovebox without centre console? Just worried about taking her apart and introducing new rattles etc :(

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi guys,

Just bought a camera from ebay and intend to buy the input cable from Bog. Can anyone give advice on tapping into the brown wire (for switched camera view instead of only in reverse) WITHOUT taking dash apart. IE can I reach behind in the passenger footwell to complete. Or is there a way to remove the glovebox without centre console? Just worried about taking her apart and introducing new rattles etc :(

Thanks in advance.
Plugging my cable in via reaching behind the dash is possible and several members have done it successively. Gaining access to the reverse input wire is not possible as you need to cut into it.

I know of one member who say's he managed to remove the glovebox without removing the rest of the dash. The problem is one of the bottom GB screws is covered by part of the centre console :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts