2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!!

Right then - I'm after some expert info on camping!! I'm off to Silverstone next week and we'll be camping for the first time ever!!!!!!

So we're scratching our heads trying to think of things to take. So far we have:

Tent
Food
Sleeping Bags
Beer
Bog rolls
String
First Aid Kit

Anything else we should take??? Any good advice for the camping virgin??

All advice gratefully recieved!!

J

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Lots of clean dry clothes in sealed poly bags.
More clean dry socks.
Towels. Brolly.
Coolbox you can sit on.

Beer.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Air beds - the ground can be a hard place to lie on! And I second the suggestion about earplugs. You will not believe the noise F1 cars can make :D
Sun cream :shock: - every race I've been too I end up looking like I spent an hour on a face slapping machine because I forgot sun cream!

More beer

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pottsy - you reckon its going to rain then!!! I'm thinking blue skies and hot hot sun!!!!!!!!!!!

Hartside - I know all about the noise they make!!! Its GRRRRREEEAAATTT!! Ear plugs are in the bag!!

Airbeds - check!! (pump in the box!)

Its going to be fun watching the England game with the GP2 cars whizzing past too!!!

J :D

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I've done the Silverstone thing quite a few times... (watched John Watson win, enjoyed the Mansell mania and so on) and there are only 2 weather options: rain with wind, or roasting sunshine. Take the wet weather options just in case, and you are covered for all eventualities!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I think your priorities are a bit haywire. I would have gone for tent and beer. Oh and a Land Rover with the snorkel device.
Whats the string for ?. :lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should see the list we've got now!! Its huge!!!

String - Stop the tent blowing away, pulling teeth, emergency shoe laces, Lassouing Alonso's rear wing at the start to allow Schuey a good get away - you know the usual stuff!!!!!

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
you sound like an old scouter. 8) (and trainee dentist).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trainee dentist! 8)

nah not really!! Think I lasted 6 weeks in cubs - their lasting legacy with me is being able to tie a reef knot - and thats it!! Suppose its a use for the string eh! Never taught me how to lassou tho!!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First of all - WOW!! What an amazing weekend!! Defo one of the best I've ever had!!

I was gutted to be going home on Monday - I just wanted to pick up the tent and follow the F1 circus to the next stop. Loved every second!!

Right - some pics!!!

Firstly a few of the cars - including the quite earth shatteringly beautiful McClaren - and the perfect Red of Ferrari!! Theres some blue one there too - who ever they are??? :roll: A Honda!! Think thats Rubens too - Jensen exploded before I took a pic!!

The campsite - a home from home!! Excellent atmosphere!! Loved every second of it - lovely sunny weather too (thank god!!)

The party of three!! Our tent and the roof of a focus!!! Didn't take the civic - but saw 2!! Was near the Honda campsite too - didn't see any in there!!!

This is how you change the cd after 10 cans of Stella! Really!!

The after party - The Quo - well I liked the fact it was free! Tony Jardine - worst compare ever (the used condoms jibe and the monkey face question to DC - what was he on??) Taku was a top bloke tho!! Good to see Damo and Lewis too!!!!

Finally - Look were we managed to sneak in at the end!!!!!! Right in the pit lane - these pics aren't even the good ones!! They are still on another camera!!! Met all sorts of people, snuck into the RedBull entertainment centre thing, walked past Renaults garage and saw Alonso's car all packed away on a lorry, met lots of Honda people - all Japanese (thats a good pic!! not got it yet tho!!) then walked through the Ferrari garage onto the pit lane were we met the last of the Renault mechanics - top blokes!! - and then onto the pit straight were Ferrari were loading all their stuff on to a big mad red lorry!!

It was an amazing weekend - well well worth it!!! Special mention to the BMW park too - absolutley excellent!!

I'm still on a big big high - loved it soooooo much!!

Thats my adventure anyway - if I can get hold of the better pit lane pics and some of the BMW park I'll stick them up too!!

J :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Wow looks like you had a great time, thanks for sharing those pics - I was there a few years ago in a sponsors box, because we had tags around our necks it looked like I was a press photographer so I sneaked around and got some great pics :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts