2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive had my Type R just over a year now,and havent had any problems and been very happy with it. its on a 57 plate with 82k on the clock.
But last week things went horribly wrong:scream1:
i woke up one day to a puncture,following day woke up to a slow puncture!
but since both of these problems occurred ive started to notice some new noise when im driving,it kind of sounds like when ** driving on a flat tyre.
it isnt tho,all tyres are pumped up. i havent got a clue what this noise is.THEN i realised my revs wont go past 5000 when sitting still,is that normal?
if anyone can help id appreciate it!
ill post a vid up of the revs

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
You say "all tyres are pumped up" but to what pressure?

Did you get new tyres or did you get the punctures repaired? - it could be the wheel balancing is required

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replys guys.
tyres are at 35psi and the new tyres were both pre-worn.
someone i spoke to also said about wheel balancing,ill look into that.

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Tyres will be harder with the cold weather so will sound different on the rds, sure your not white lining them cats eyes give off that sound

·
regrets his username
7,982 Posts
Also just noticed your revving that high on a cold engine and with your revs still sat at 2000 [smilie=smack.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
When sat still you can not rev above 5000rpm. This is totally normal so don't fear. The wheels have to be moving before your able to go above the 5000rpm.

Some people hit the 5000rpm then get a good launch when doing sprints. Plenty of demos on you tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
ex CW FN2 owner
595 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
tyre Pressures are here on the wiki 35 front 32 rear on type r running 18" Type R 225/40 ZR18 88Y
On my sticker on the door in my R it says 38 for the front and 34 on the back or something, its to cold to go out and check but that seems way out :/ I'll get a photo up tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
On my sticker on the door in my R it says 38 for the front and 34 on the back or something, its to cold to go out and check but that seems way out :/ I'll get a photo up tomorrow.
I have the same but then I am running 19" Rages so this may differ from the OEM 18" wheels.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Guessing your label is a different part number then? Seems an odd way of doing it, if I'd have gone to the dealer and bought a set of Rages I'd have no idea and I'd been under-inflating them.

Maybe that's why people complain of a crashy side on the Rages then?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts