2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fm, transmitter are rubish and i hate cd's and mp is there any way i can install aux in my 2006 civic its got navigation no dvd player i wonder whats back of that unit is there anyports any body know
i know new civics got usb ports and i really miss that
if anybody got any good information please share

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
There are several aftermarket aux-in possibilities / units …

All connect to the back of the HU …

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have a XCarLink in my 06 Civic, you can get a model that does have USB ports too.
Pretty easy to fit, the problem is for n00bs to it, like i was, getting the dash apart the first time is scary as your scared of breaking things. Then when your used to where all the clips are, you'll have it apart in minutes the second time round! lol.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
boomam, can you control USB hard drives full of mp3's using the steering wheel and head unit buttons with the xCarLink?

I have the xcarlink USB version.
You can control (volume up/down, prev/next) it with the steering wheel, but only for USB mode.

It will also let you listen to stuff via 3.5mm line in, or bluetooth (if you get the optional module) but you can only control the volume with these, NOT prev/Next track.

Its also a bit fussy about the Folder names. I've never tried connecting a USB hard drive, just USB pen drives. (will only read FAT formatted stuff).

Also I've found my unit in particular to be a little hit and miss, sometimes wont play or crashes. Other members have had no problems with theirs, so maybe just my bad luck with mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts