2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save the hassel of changeing over the head unit and all the expense and little losses that go with it, could i cut into the wiring loom for the head unit and take the speaker feeds to an amp to boost the standard weak signal and then take them back to upgraded speakers/sub ect. I dont know much about amps so sorry if this is silly question, im just trying to get a better soundsystem :D.

·
Registered
616 Posts
To save the hassel of changeing over the head unit and all the expense and little losses that go with it, could i cut into the wiring loom for the head unit and take the speaker feeds to an amp to boost the standard weak signal and then take them back to upgraded speakers/sub ect. I dont know much about amps so sorry if this is silly question, im just trying to get a better soundsystem :D.
Short answer, yes.

Long answer:

With some quality loss you take the powered HU signal and pass it through a speaker "high level" signal to RCA "low level" converter, then RCA to your amp.

or like I am going to do:

HU signal to Audison Bit Ten (audio processor with 24-bit d/a a/d, 32-bit DSP etc) which de-equalizes the signal then equalize it according to car accoustics and then out to your amp for crystal clear and optimized sound.

Either way you need to remove the HU cause you need to tap atleast both rear full range channels

http://www.audison.eu/index.php?page=product&id=42

or the cheap alternative:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPEAKER-T...4?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cb5e42de6

Oh, and you will still need to hook up the "remote" cable from the HU wires to the amp or it will not start.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This looks like a good option, how much to set this system up roughly and were you planning put the "bit ten" :p

·
Registered
616 Posts
This looks like a good option, how much to set this system up roughly and were you planning put the "bit ten" :p
Well I already have the amp from before. Unfortunately only 2 channel so need another amp later or switch to 4channel.
Amps range from around 90 £ to like 900 I guess.
A cheap one is still better then HU amp in most cases.
Bit ten is 300 £ roughly.
Speakers around 200.
50 £ for a good cable kit for the amp and speakers.
If you don't install yourself, it will cost you as much or more then what the gear cost cause its time consuming.
That's why I'm doing it myself.
And while the scorecards are down add some sound deadening :)
Havnt received it yet to check cable lengths etc but I want everything in the boot under the lid.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Get an amp with high level input? Or an LOC :)

Personaly tho if your gonna go through the headache of upgrading your speakers id do the hu too
Yes we covered that. A LOC would be the cheapest way to keep the stock look and functions.
Bit Ten way is alot more advanced and you really need to set it up properly for it to be worth anything.
As I see it, the Bit Ten + keeping stock HU will cost me less then a good aftermarket HU and when configured properly, there's no chance that aftermarket HU will come close to the sound altering capabilities of the Bit Ten.
There's also possibility to add a Component to AUX in on the Bit Ten (like a Bluetooth adapter for example) that will automaticly cut the sound when it gets a signal.
Perfect for me who lacks Bluetooth from factory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts