2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I've figured out why my alarm isn't working, the bonnet switch is faulty. When I press it down with a screw driver everything works ok. As the car is out of warranty, I wanted to fix it myself. Its not rocket science tightening a few bolts.

I was inspecting the switch (the green bit) and its attached to the bonnet latch, it looks like its integrated into the bonnet latch so I was wondering if you could buy this part on its own, or if you had to get the whole latch?

Anyone tried it themselves? Any idea of costs?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dimply, I thought it looked welded on.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Comes as one unit, £30.04 + VAT from a dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for this info on this it's much appreciated. My alarm went off on its own last week. Since then I noticed the indicators stopped flashing when I locked and unlocked the doors. The little red LED on the dash also stopped flashing when they were locked.

I've unplugged the front catch / switch / sensor and now the alarm is working again (apart from the bonnet)

I know members have said the complete latch is available for £35 which isn't bad but I wondered if anyone successfully sourced just a new switch and changes it over. I'd imagine a new switch would only be a few quid if it could be changed on its own.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just a quick update - I've took the old bonnet latch out and it looks like the switch has been built into the latch - so you've got to replace the whole lock. Honda quoted me £42.50 apx inc VAT for a new one. I've spent over 1k in the last 12-18 months on parts / servicing on my car so I wanted to spend as little as possible on it. I found one on eBay on a breaking listing for £15 Delivered, it's working fine now It's been swapped over.

I'm a total novice with cars and only problem I noticed was when I fit the replacement catch the bonnet wouldn't close all the way shut (it kept popping up) if this happens, you just need to adjust the height of the latch (The bracket is height adjustable) Once you adjust the height it should just shut fully as normal.

Thanks for the help and original advice posted :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts