2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll attach a picture when I can, the previous owner of my FN2 Type R had Tegiwa fog light induction installed. I’m fairly sure a piece of the original air intake system is stuck in my engine bay, on the near side just in between the headlight and the ECU.

Firstly, can someone confirm that this is actually a piece of the original air intake? If not, what is it?

Secondly, how am I supposed to get it out? If I remove the front strut brace I can get the ECU unbolted and move it out the way, just wondering if there’s an easier method I might be missing? Really hoping the wheel arch liner doesn’t have to come out for this one...

·
Super Moderator
1,419 Posts
It looks like something called secondary air intake (I think).
No idea what it actually does - there is a piece missing that fills the gap between the open end you can see and the bit of plastic attached to the wing.
Might be easier to find the missing piece and fit that rather than try to remove the rest, unless you have a good reason to do so.
There must be pictures of someone's engine bay on the web/forum to show you the original set up.

·
Registered
871 Posts
You need to remove the front bumper and there is a resonator box below that pipe outlet which is retained by 2 bolts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
it does seem to be a very complicated air intake system

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
It's number 11, 12 is already missing. Is the resonator box already removed? I'd take the battery off and get at it.

·
i-Vtec
2,786 Posts
That's the one, thanks. I've got the whole website tagged and not sure how to lift out 1 picture.
Right click on the picture and copy "copy Image Address".

it does seem to be a very complicated air intake system
The 1.8 one is even more complex. Youd think a system that complicated would be detrimental to power as the air flow really must be slowed down something rotten.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Yes DAS that does seem to be a very strange and long winded way of getting air into engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts