2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All Just a general question my A/C was fine saturday morning but afterblowing out some cobwebs the A/C is now struggling and when stationary the compressor keeps running and does not cut in and out like it should and the air through the vents gets warmer. the signs are it needs a regas. The car is an 07 with low mileage and was regassed two years ago and when the car is used the A/C is generally used for 10 mins to keep the iol flowing and stop[ any seals drying out, is it better to keep the A/C on all the time or use as i have been.

·
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant
2,472 Posts
It's advised you get a re-gas each year, although i'd say that's VERY precautionary
Every 2 years or so will keep it running ok (assuming no other damage etc) and everything nice and fresh :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think I've got the same problem, I have a 1.8i. I was on a drive with my air con blowing nice and cold witht the cruise control on. But while driving my engine was juddering so I pulled over and gave the engine a good rev up to the limiter, then I carried on driving but noticed my ac started to blow out hot muggy air. Since then my ac hasnt worked since, The relay is fine due to beeing replaced previously, ive had it regassed and pressure tested but the clutch / compressor just will not kick in at all anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Hi All Just a general question my A/C was fine saturday morning but afterblowing out some cobwebs the A/C is now struggling and when stationary the compressor keeps running and does not cut in and out like it should and the air through the vents gets warmer. the signs are it needs a regas. The car is an 07 with low mileage and was regassed two years ago and when the car is used the A/C is generally used for 10 mins to keep the iol flowing and stop[ any seals drying out, is it better to keep the A/C on all the time or use as i have been.

No the AC cant get damaged when revving to 7500rpm.

If you leave it on all the time its less prone to become problematic.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So this was just coincidence, any ideas what my problem could be then, The so called mechanics told me that after regassing it they tested everything but there was no power at the pump but replay and fuses are fine and you can here the relay clicking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts