2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Quick question. Looking at getting a Flashpro soon but was wondering if I get one, could I upload say the Group N map and lower the VTEC point to say 4300RPM or can this only be done by a tuner (TDI NORTH) for example?

Cheers

·
Registered
639 Posts
With flashpro you get access to all parameters of the engine and you can change everything at will.
However, changing vtec point involves more than just typing in some numbers.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
The group n map isnt difficult to put on, if you have any questions just ask here, plenty of us have done it with no problems :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Ah right nice one guys cheers, Group N it will be! :) My FN2 is stock but want to have a bit more mid range etc.
Once you have that map on a good intake, exhaust and exhaust manifold will transform your car into an animal :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Was going to get a HKS induction but heard that your best getting it mapped properly as it runs way too rich so will leave it stock for just now.
Not true, the HKS intake is fantastic for more than one reason. It runs perfect with a stock car (ie no mapping required), it gives definately the best sound from all intakes and is cheap too.

It does lag slightly when stuck in traffic although when the car is rolling is no problem at all, TDI North can provide you with a heatshield if needs be (£45).

This is the HKS Racing Suction Kit I was talking about by the way, not the premuim suction kit.

The HKS and Milltek combination is a cost effective'ish way of getting a better performing and sounding FN2.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not true, the HKS intake is fantastic for more than one reason. It runs perfect with a stock car (ie no mapping required), it gives definately the best sound from all intakes and is cheap too.

It does lag slightly when stuck in traffic although when the car is rolling is no problem at all, TDI North can provide you with a heatshield if needs be (£45).

This is the HKS Racing Suction Kit I was talking about by the way, not the premuim suction kit.

The HKS and Milltek combination is a cost effective'ish way of getting a better performing and sounding FN2.
So if I got the HKS Racing kit and fitted that, running the Group N map that would be fine?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
So if I got the HKS Racing kit and fitted that, running the Group N map that would be fine?
Fine and dandy, its the group n map which is a bit rich although perfectly safe :D

I would order one right now if I was you! As soon as you fit it I'm positive that you will love it!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Offt you've got me drooling now!! :p Funds should be ready by next week then I can get ordering! Cheers for your help!
Glad to be of help, the HKS RSK is a great bit of kit. Im just glad you didnt want a K&N or worse still Pipercross, those are cheaper but totally rubbish!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Mate if you want a hks demo come to the meet on sunday and i will make mine roar like a beast for you ;)
Rowbo is a top bloke too!

Reactions: rowbo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.