2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Sorry its a silly 1. I was just wondering if i put a load of albums on a blank dvd would it play?

I recon you will need a dvd drive but i just wanted 2 ask!!

cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can only comment on the cd-equiped type-r gt model (07 facelift at that) but there is standard support for wma and mp3 on cdr.

I've put 99 mp3 tracks on a cdr and it works fine (reason for 99 is that the display on mine supports two digits for track number)

Perhaps someone with satnav could confirm whether there is dvd-r support (I seem to remember the sat nav version uses DVD's - hence the lack of 3rd party speed camera database support you'd expect on HDD flash memory style GPS systems.....)

If you have the 8CD changer, that's 800-ish tracks :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Nope it won't play DVD-Rs of any description I'm afraid. So you're stuck with CD-R(W) for MP3s and WMAs

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers **,

That more or less answers it 4 me. Ive got an 06ES, and thets about the only toy it dosnt have !!

Im sure i can manage with 100 tracks from the single slot !

cheers

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cheers **,

That more or less answers it 4 me. Ive got an 06ES, and thets about the only toy it dosnt have !!

Im sure i can manage with 100 tracks from the single slot !

cheers
Assuming you are using MP3 s and you encode them at a max of 192kbs (more than adequate for in car use) you should get closer to 200 on 700mb disk. WMAs tend to be a bit smaller so maybe that is the way to go

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
too many tracks !!

Wouldn't want a DVD full of MP3's too many tracks to navigate through. Just stick to CD's.

At the moment I 'm not doing albums I just put my favorite tracks onto disk and let them go.

Bob

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, i created folders for the music - wouldnt that overcome the 99 tracks problem?
e.g. folder for Killers music, Folder for U2 music etc.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You can definately have more than 99 tracks. I have a CDRW in mine with about 160 tracks on it. I just have it set up with folders like A, B, C etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts