2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks guys for all your help so far :)

Yesterday worked a good 3-4 Hours on my double din install. But silly me forgot to plug in the Mic for the Bluetooth connection to my phone. I was just wondering if it's possible to remove the Double din headunit without having to take out the entire centre console. I'd rather not do this again because re-installing the bit that goes around my gear stick was a pain in the a** last night.

Also on the Connects2 Fascia do you have to install the clips from your original Fascia, I couldn't seem to take the metal ones off but now my double din install doesn't sit flush with the other panels in my car.

Thank you again :)

·
R-398
702 Posts
After you've installed your after market head unit all you need to do is unscrew the 3 screws at the top and the facia will pop out.

The metal clips don't come off and the only clips that needed swapped were small white ones. If it's not sitting flush it'll be either the cables at the back need a better stuffing in or you haven't removed enough of that clip holder on the bottom left on the car.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou :) Will remove it when I get home then, thanked I don't have to mess around with that centre console anymore.

I think it could be the cabling. There doesn't seem to be a lot of room behind the stereo to put all the extra cables.

Is there a trick or knack in the best way to move these out of the way or is it a case of just tidy them up the best you can?

If anyone has any pictures of how they've done theirs I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks again. :)

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Just take your time and gently ease the double din/fascia in each time you attempt to position the wiring.

I found I had to cut a little bit more of that bottom left hand corner to make mine fit flush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts