2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all.

after spending the morning "googling" how to reset my TPMS alarm I have to admit defeat.......... it has been on for 4 weeks and the tyres are OK

When I go into the I-menu there is no option to reset it from there, and I can't find a seperate button anywhere in the car.

I have just rand my Honda dealer in the UK, and they said I have to bring it into them to removed :surprise:

Is this true, and will I be charged for this

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
The next thing is to drive at least 15 miles, after resetting, taking in left and right hand bends for it to calibrate itself.

If you don't it'll likely trigger again.

Been there, done that, etc

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
I'm surprised I didn't have to reset mine, given I went from 32 to 34 on all corners recently. Has been running fine without shouting at me for a few hundred miles.

You'll notice that whenever you are moving and scroll to the bottom of the I-Mid menu there is a blank but selectable "slot" - When stopped this becomes the setting menu containing lights, TPMS settings etc. - If you start moving, it will shout at you and drop out of the menu. - In my experience, it doesn't require the handbrake to be on, but only for the car to be stationary.

·
Super Moderator
20,990 Posts
If you upped all 4 corners then I'm not surprised.

It measures wheel rotation compared to its mates and if all are still the same relative pressure.....

That's why it doesn't go off as the tyres lose pressure normally.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
If you upped all 4 corners then I'm not surprised.

It measures wheel rotation compared to its mates and if all are still the same relative pressure.....

That's why it doesn't go off as the tyres lose pressure normally.
Let's hope all 4 tyres don't get punctured at the same time then :laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts