2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I stupidly let my FN2 type r battery go flat enough not to be able to start it, so needed a jump-start. A guy offered to help as he had the same thing the other day in the same car park. Anyway, he hooked up the leads BUT put the black negative on my negative terminal on the battery, despite me saying I don't think thats right, mentioning about eathing bolt or unpainted metal, he assured me thats what he did. :surprise::crying:

The car started straight away no waiting but later on I noticed my drivers window control can't operate the passenger electric window no more, and its not the window lock button being pressed in either.

I've not had time to check the fuses yet, but any ideas? Has incorrect jump connection of the leads messed it up or just coincidence?

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Coincidence. Probably more to do with the flat battery than the 'incorrect' negative connection at the jump start.
Not sure why they say to connect the black lead to chassis at a point other than at the battery negative terminal.
Perhaps someone who knows (rather than conjecture) can answer that one.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Many Thanks, its all good and working now. I have full control:grin2:

Coincidence. Probably more to do with the flat battery than the 'incorrect' negative connection at the jump start.
Not sure why they say to connect the black lead to chassis at a point other than at the battery negative terminal.
Perhaps someone who knows (rather than conjecture) can answer that one.

Its just all over the net on all jumpstart guides, something about the spark can ignite gases or something. It did have a small spark/static type electric shock noise when he put it onto my black negative terminal but nothing major. Struck up and worked like a charm tho so who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts