2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all on the factory fitted handsfree I was very irritated to find out that I have to say "call 079..." or "call mum" to dial and I can't just dial the number on my phone (samsung galaxy s2) and have it automatically picked up by the handsfree.

The only way I can dial from the phone is to then wait until its connected, push the phone button and say transfer but this is far from practical...

Please tell me I'm doing something wrong?

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
My xperia x10 tranfers to handsfree automatically when I dial from the phone.

Might just be that it isn't a feature of your phone? Have you tried other phones on the system?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Quick workaround - select number on phone, press dial then immediately press end. Then press dial button on steering wheel and say 'Redial' - this dials the last number dialled on the phone not by the car (if you know what I mean).

This is a lazy way rather than programming loads of numbers into the car.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks I didnt think of that, not an ideal way around it but better than what I currently do (just sit there getting angry and then give up on making the call)

I haven't tried another phone, will give that a go. I hoped it wasn't an incompatibility with my phone but it seems it is..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts