2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enabled the auto lock 10mph and unlock with ignition a few years back, I now want them both off, I successfully turned off the auto unlock off but the lock over 10mph won't disable for some reason, when doing the procedure it only makes the locking noise once.

• Open the driver's door
  • Put the key into position II
  • Hold down the door lock button until you hear two sets of "locking" noises. This takes about 6 seconds
  • Turn the key back to position I

I disconnected/reconnected the battery to see if that would help and no joy. I do have the auto electric mirror fold in mod installed, could that be messing with it?.

Any idea?
Thankyou.

·
i-Vtec
5,152 Posts
Heres the how to, there may be information in there to help. I removed this from the how to section as it was deemed dangerous as the door dont unlock in the event of an accident, the reason Honda removed it after MY06

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres the how to, there may be information in there to help. I removed this from the how to section as it was deemed dangerous as the door dont unlock in the event of an accident, the reason Honda removed it after MY06

Cheer's, yes that's the guide I used and still unsuccessful with turning off the auto lock over 10mph. As said I can turn off auto unlock with ignition, just not the auto lock. I'm baffled as to why.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts