2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I've been thinking for a while now that I really really want a supercharger (thinking Rotrex) but i've never been in a civic with anywhere near that sort of power and want to know what it's really like both from normal driving around town to flooring it and how fast is it really? Everyone who goes in my car says why would I want to go any faster but they don't understand! I spoke to Paul at TDi North last week who only encouraged me more!

Ideally I will have to have a ride in one sooner or later but I would like to stop dreaming and get on with putting some money aside for the next few month or forget about it and enjoy the car as it is.

how fast is it then? a lot faster? etc

Any advice or comments welcome! Cheers

cheers

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Good idea!!ive been thinking the same but something is holding me back-think its the gf!!lol

Ive been in a jrsc ep3 and feels so good man..and the grip etc wasnt a big problem..if i was doing it id get an lsd bought and invest in good tyres too..but the power is there and is sooo fun!!well i was only the passenger though lol

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
The best thing is to jus go unto the supercharger and tell it how you feel. Tell it you love it and you can't stop thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Have you done anything else to the car yet? I've only heard good things about the whiners ;)
I'd like to do it too but for 3.5k I can't justify it. I would think you'd want to do the mani, exhaust, flashpro, intake before charging it to free up the airflow etc etc...

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea!!ive been thinking the same but something is holding me back-think its the gf!!lol

Ive been in a jrsc ep3 and feels so good man..and the grip etc wasnt a big problem..if i was doing it id get an lsd bought and invest in good tyres too..but the power is there and is sooo fun!!well i was only the passenger though lol
i would definaltey be doing the lsd too but not straight away. somehow spending a little money at a time feels more acceptable than spending it all at once....:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The best thing is to jus go unto the supercharger and tell it how you feel. Tell it you love it and you can't stop thinking about it.
haha yeah but i do get nervous when meeting them for the first time...

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you done anything else to the car yet? I've only heard good things about the whiners ;)
I'd like to do it too but for 3.5k I can't justify it. I would think you'd want to do the mani, exhaust, flashpro, intake before charging it to free up the airflow etc etc...

I've got 15mm eibachs and a tdi North FRSU. I've also got HKS brakelines, cosworth pads and HKS racing suction kit. I would definately do the exhaust at the same time and you have to have a flashpro so no choice there.

I want to leave the mani standard for now as I want stealth.

My previous car was a 247 bhp EP3 but it was LOUD without the cat (awesome sound but sometimes you want to be a bit more sedate - must be getting old)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I'm planning on leaving the standard exhaust manifold and cat on my car when I get the Rotrex fitted, unless it doesn't make what I expect or has a bit flat spot in the middle...

The Rotrex doesn't whine either, so if you are after a kit that gives the noise as well you'll be looking at the CT kit.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
My last car had that kind of power and I gotta say its addictive!! You will melt anything short of a Ferrari 430 too!! Although dont be fooled of claims of driving in the wet lol anything under 60-70mph was a bit of a nightmare!!

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on Loxy, you got it booked in yet?

As for the noise - the quieter the better really. Love the hks intake but at least at part throttle that is practically silent. Plus the rotrex gives more flexablitliy in the future in terms of adding intercoolers etc i believe....

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My last car had that kind of power and I gotta say its addictive!! You will melt anything short of a Ferrari 430 too!! Although dont be fooled of claims of driving in the wet lol anything under 60-70mph was a bit of a nightmare!!
you mean traction was a nightmare?

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
you mean traction was a nightmare?
Yes, putting low speed power down lol.. well, nightmare was prob a strong word to use but I supposed I was always dissappointed when I couldnt get 100% down etc. Its just a bit of a putoff when you have all that power and can be outdragged by a modern diesel, or something 4WD like a TT with some good torque and less power. But once you get above 30-50mph its obviously all too easy.

Or maybe I should have just swapped my right foot for something lighter?? ;-)

Dont let it put you off, youre still sitting like Jeremy Clarkson the whole time shouting "POWWWWWER!" lol

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing how you get on Loxy, you got it booked in yet?

As for the noise - the quieter the better really. Love the hks intake but at least at part throttle that is practically silent. Plus the rotrex gives more flexablitliy in the future in terms of adding intercoolers etc i believe....
Quite correct about the flexibility.

Not booked in yet. I was going to be thrashing out the finer details with Paul at TDi-North today but due to unforeseen circumstances we've not been able to get my LSD and clutch fitted today. :(

I'm nipping along to TDi-North tomorrow and we'll have a chat.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/meetings/57466-tdi-north-mini-meet-saturday-11th-june-4.html#post910085

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, putting low speed power down lol.. well, nightmare was prob a strong word to use but I supposed I was always dissappointed when I couldnt get 100% down etc. Its just a bit of a putoff when you have all that power and can be outdragged by a modern diesel, or something 4WD like a TT with some good torque and less power. But once you get above 30-50mph its obviously all too easy.

Or maybe I should have just swapped my right foot for something lighter?? ;-)

Dont let it put you off, youre still sitting like Jeremy Clarkson the whole time shouting "POWWWWWER!" lol
:cool: thanks

Will post up my thoughts tonight :)
looking forward to hearing that thanks :popcorn2:

Quite correct about the flexibility.

Not booked in yet. I was going to be thrashing out the finer details with Paul at TDi-North today but due to unforeseen circumstances we've not been able to get my LSD and clutch fitted today. :(

I'm nipping along to TDi-North tomorrow and we'll have a chat.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/meetings/57466-tdi-north-mini-meet-saturday-11th-june-4.html#post910085
Sorry to hear your plans for LSD were delayed... hope you get it sorted, I was going to pop down to TDi North tomorrow but I've got some stuff I need to sort first. Let us know how you get on anyway!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts