2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my car back from dealer yesterday because i couldn't get out of drivers side door, which they replaced the drivers door lock.

Went to go into car today pressed unlock button on fob, nothing happened slight clicking noise in car but nothing no movement in locks and doors wont can't open.

So tried manual open using key on drivers side door still nothing, any ideas how i might be able to get into car before i call local dealer on monday[smilie=mad.gif] .

Not happy car has been in 6 times in two months.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hope you get sorted Adeharding and don't have to call the fire brigade. I think this makes a good case for having a key entry on the passenger's door as another way into the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not planning to call anybody Honda (well dealer anyway) can sort it out.

Just been out and tried again, now when i press button there's not even a sound which makes me think flat battery, no idea why though. But that doesnt explain why manual entry dont work.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The story doesnt get any better.

AA managed to break into car, battery was flat as guessed also lock wasnt working as knew.

Took car to garage, after loads of moaning beforehand saying was coming in they wasnt expecting me. Looked at AA report took door apart and said that cable from key lock to door latch was warped and stretched. Why they didnt notice this when they replaced the lock??? Anyway parts are on order and was told to charge battery fully over night which I did. End of story, yeah right.

Next day reconnected battery car unlocked from remote, no indicators flash, tried locking again still no flash and no light from inside saying alarm set etc. Fine i thought maybe part of lock drove to work and back fine.

Following morning unlocked car went to start pressed engine button, loads of flashing and clicking, knew battery had gone and was about to go. So left bonnet open locked car and went to work.

Phoned dealer they are now bringing courtesty car over and taking mine back and keeping it until fixed. I'm glad i left bonnet open cos when i got back car wouldnt unlock again, and seeing as lock was still broke could get in. Car now on charge awaiting dealer to turn up, hopefully!

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
How frustrating... Hope for you everithing will be sorted out ASAP and that your dealer give you a nice courtesy car...

Could you tell us a little bit more about your car ? Type, Mileage ?
And why did they change the locking system ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How frustrating... Hope for you everithing will be sorted out ASAP and that your dealer give you a nice courtesy car...

Could you tell us a little bit more about your car ? Type, Mileage ?
And why did they change the locking system ?
1.8 EX 2006 Model 5200 miles. Lock was originally changed because of boot failiure about 2 mths ago. Then bout two weeks car wouldnt open from inside drivers door. Which is why they replaced the lock, minus the broken part

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
So there is a major flaw in the locking system, or some tech has done a poor job during repair... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts