2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Thought you'd be interested, I was offered an almost straight swap (still not 100% sure he was serious), by the car salesman in my local Honda, for my S-GT (see my sig'), for a brand new NHB Type R GT! Apparently since JC did his work, they can't shift them, nobody apparently wants them, but they can sell the 5 doors and S's almost immediately!

Still a little shocked/bemused at this info, seems people give JC more credit than we thought.

ATB,
Tom

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Put Charlie down for 2 please.

Or maybe it's just Barratts Honda, pants place anyway.

"There is nothing like a morning funeral to whet the appetite for lunch!"

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly, although they have been far more helpful than D&F. Even dismantled a new Civic headlight to check something for me.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Your's is highly specced and nearly new('57 plate?) My standard NHB Type S is 7months old.For a grand I'd do it (no chance?:()

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thought you'd be interested, I was offered an almost straight swap (still not 100% sure he was serious), by the car salesman in my local Honda, for my S-GT (see my sig'), for a brand new NHB Type R GT! Apparently since JC did his work, they can't shift them, nobody apparently wants them, but they can sell the 5 doors and S's almost immediately!

Still a little shocked/bemused at this info, seems people give JC more credit than we thought.

ATB,
Tom
Proves how sad the public are in being incapable of making their own minds up

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
what extras was he offering on the R ? even if hes not offering any optionals , go for it :p you know you wont regret it !

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Be sure that the salesman isn't doing you a favour, your car must be worth more to him than the type-R.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know he's doing no favour, just can't believe how dumb people can be, btw, the R had no sat-nav or the options mine has, and also my insurance won't touch me on an R :-(

I really like the R, but it is also impracticle/'not for' me (no rear belt in the middle, no glass roof, etc. etc.).

Mine cost 21,500 new (then - plus the 5 year plan and the spare wheel, so 22,100?), guaranteed the R isn't that much?????

ATB,
Tom

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I know he's doing no favour, just can't believe how dumb people can be, btw, the R had no sat-nav or the options mine has, and also my insurance won't touch me on an R :-(

I really like the R, but it is also impracticle/'not for' me (no rear belt in the middle, no glass roof, etc. etc.).

Mine cost 21,500 new (then - plus the 5 year plan and the spare wheel, so 22,100?), guaranteed the R isn't that much?????

ATB,
Tom
I was wondering how much your car was new, as when I looked at the sat nav for the CTR it was nearly £2000 more that a GT.. :eek:

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think my sat nav was around 1800 quid, so fairly pricey, compared to atom tom for 150.

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
A type R GT was going for @ £18,500 last year , so you have been offered a drop of @ £3,600 on your car in @ 4 or 5 months. Possibly a greater drop if they are having to discount the Type R to sell.

Amazed if people just go on what clarkson says as most magazine tests rated the Type R highly. I think it is a fantastic car with a few easy and cheap to fix faults (every car has some problems).

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I was wondering how much your car was new, as when I looked at the sat nav for the CTR it was nearly £2000 more that a GT.. :eek:
When buying mine i was going to add the satnav (£1400),
The dealer told me if i ordered the CTR with out the sat nav it should help to cut the delivery time(i only waited 16 weeks;))
I have DVD sat nav in my Navara,
I really miss the DVD sat nav in my CTR:(

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
When buying mine i was going to add the satnav (£1400),
The dealer told me if i ordered the CTR with out the sat nav it should help to cut the delivery time(i only waited 16 weeks;))
I have DVD sat nav in my Navara,
I really miss the DVD sat nav in my CTR:(

I don't really go that far in mine that often, so it wasn't really that much of a sticking point for me. :)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
A type R GT was going for @ £18,500 last year , so you have been offered a drop of @ £3,600 on your car in @ 4 or 5 months. Possibly a greater drop if they are having to discount the Type R to sell.

Amazed if people just go on what clarkson says as most magazine tests rated the Type R highly. I think it is a fantastic car with a few easy and cheap to fix faults (every car has some problems).
Yes looking at it like that, £3600 in 5 months is a fair old loss. :(

I totally agree with you the Type R is amazing to drive, for me anyway. I would have to look extremely hard to find a car I would prefer to own for the same sort of money.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I don't really go that far in mine that often, so it wasn't really that much of a sticking point for me. :)
It isn't really about the map part of the package,
In my Navara the stereo and blue-tooth phone system are linked to the satnav, which makes the system all the more usable [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
It isn't really about the map part of the package,
In my Navara the stereo and blue-tooth phone system are linked to the satnav, which makes the system all the more usable [smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Oh right, but in your opinion does this justify the cost :?:

We are wandering a bit of topic here though.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Oh right, but in your opinion does this justify the cost :?:

We are wandering a bit of topic here though.
If i could go back to May 07 i would defiantly add the sat nav when buying my ctr.
(i think Pottsy will probably move these post to the satnav section shortly;))

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Hi Guys,

ATB,
Tom
Your car would probably fly out the door once it was their forecourt...
Bet you're tempted though...

I must admit, part of me wishes I had a Type-R, kind of miss petrol, though I've not had a go in any Type R, so I could be really disappointed...

Stick with your S and get it remapped (if you havent already), and if you're after more peformance...

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
If I had been thinking seriously about it, it would have to be fully specced up with all Dealer fit option and a sat-nav thrown in. The only reasons mine had that hideously expensive system was (my fathered told me to have it, and he paid the extra):

>Handsfree is integrated (safer),
>Sat-nav is bolted in (less incentive to try to prize it out),
>Sat-nav so I permanently know where I am for breakdown etc. etc. (he worries about being out on my own (I am 22 dad :D:oops:) him and mum still think of me as being 8yo), but after last years "incident" (the reason why I dislike policemen intently now, no offence to anyone here who is a cop, I dislike the establishment and it's petty menas, as opposed to the actual people), him and mum are worried I'm gonna get hurt by someone (probably a policeman now). Oh and if anyone can tell me who owns a certain number-plate, I'd be very greatful.

Seriously though, my car should have depreciated almost 4k in 4 months???? Can it?

Also, thats why people always make me glare, when I complain about petty things on it (like the seats having no memory etc. etc.) and they say what a dealer said to someon here "it's only a cheap family hatchback, not a BMW or a Merc", hang on my last BM' was 'only' about 2k more than this was, that ain't cheap!

Tom

1 - 20 of 39 Posts