2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Can't wait to go Japanese

3K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  Jeza 
#1 ·
I am getting my Type R GT on Friday and I'm very excited about it. A 31 year old man should not be so excited...

Anyway I wanted to know.

What's your favourite part or aspect of your Type R?

#7 ·
What grabbed me was the solidity of the car, everything felt well built. After going French for so long I have got used to rattles and creaks. The gear box was so smooth to change, and being encouraged to rev is always good. Especially by a salesman...!

The dash was a huge factor, after seeing the new lambo on top gear that had a launch button and digital display I was sold. I must have that in my life.

#9 ·
I am getting my Type R GT on Friday and I'm very excited about it. A 31 year old man should not be so excited...

Anyway I wanted to know.

What's your favourite part or aspect of your Type R?
everything looks ,interior ,vtec ,sound .:)

#16 ·
It's uniqueness, the engine and the interior.

..oh and the looks

..and the feel

..and the handling

#17 ·
Had mine since new for nearly five years now and still look forward to driving it.
Best value for money car I have ever owned, or driven.
I only wish I had been able to have afforded one when I was much younger.
Best bit.......
25mph in 2nd and flooring it, grabbing 3rd and flooring it, then 4th.. Brilliant!
Enjoy the noise...

#19 ·
The looks, noise and drive is all excellent but what really stands out for me is after a long stressful day you get in your car, turn the key and feel like your 10 years old again. Your suddenly bathed in a red glow from all the dials. Every time ive had a passenger in my car that is what they have been impressed by the most no matter what their age is.

#21 ·
Seats are awesome! I also like my defi gauges!

Once you go jap you will never go back!!

#25 ·
Getting mine on Friday ... Sooo excited. How's your last few days been?

#26 ·
It's a totally different beast to what i was used to. The engine is excellent, sounds great and the delivery of power is ace. Sometimes the change from 1st to 2nd can be a little jerky.

6th gear is a dream after coming from a 5 speed that needed one really badly.

Only downside so far is its a tad more petrol but nothing dramatic and I have noticed a little squeak which I can't seem to place or locate, it's usually on bumpy ground. Oh and the stereo is fantastic.

Let's me listen to my Deftones and Nick Cave stuff in all it's glory.

Enjoy yours

#31 ·
Like what was already said the gear changes are smoother once your use to it, same as when you jump into most cars sometimes a little jerky until your use to the ride. But I've never driven a car like this before so takes longer to get use to. But you should suss it within the week.:cool: ;-)

You should mix up your music with some Bullet For My Valentine, Metallica and Guns & Roses, maybe Sepultura blast from the past.

#27 ·
Give it time, you'll get better with the gears. It took me a good week before I was doing smooth changes :) It's not the easiest car to drive steadily due to the sensitive throttle.

As for the sound. One I set the audio to +2 Bass and -2 Treble I thought it sounded reasonable, but it's not great IMO.

#28 ·
I love everything about the car!
But favourite parts are the interior, seats, dash layout, VTEC, the sound, exterior styling, it's a Honda, handling, and how good I look driving it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.