2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justa few snaps of the car after a clay bayr and also replacing the existing gearnob :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...yeah it looks much better with the gaiter but dn't have a picture of that yet and yes it's better than the standard, couldn't get a good grip of it;)

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Looks good , I would love to claye my paintwork but a bit nervous of doing it... how easy was it and what tips can you advise!! Love the gear knob but will look much better with gaiter, dont know why all civics aren't fitted with gaiters as standard..

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I too was worried about clay bar but a neighbour who details his car all the time told me it was a "piece of pxxx", which it was. I'm not an expert but i washed and dried the car, then used the Megs kit containing the Detailing spray, cloth, 2 clay bars and also a quick detailing wax. Took about 2 hours from start to finish and is soooo easy, just keep the clay moving in the same direction, left to right or up and down, keep applying the detailing spray whish is the lubricant, you can actually hear the finish of th epaint improving as you work, after a minute of two it's as smooth as glass. Now the beading is incredible, wish i'd done it sooner.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, used the Megs quick detailing wax that came with the kit...spray on, wipe off

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and now with the gaiter fitted

Attachments

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How often should it be done War Machine?

·
Registered
414 Posts
How often should it be done War Machine?
Depending on weather conditions and use of the car (How often it gets dirty) and on your own personal preffrence, It sould be done bout every 4-6 months...
That way you ensure the 'quality' of the look and that will prevent corrosion and fading in years to come...
I do mine bout every 3 months...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you, second hand from Gumtree!!! too many options for innuendos in this post :worms:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers Tom

1 - 20 of 26 Posts