2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, quick question if anyone has any info,

My brother has a 03 Honda Civic 3 door 1.6,

The car alarm keeps going off once locked at random intervals, he's read online somewhere that it would be a duff battery, so he has changed the battery, but it still goes off, he doesn't know whether it goes off during the day as he's at college and its parked up ages away, but seems to be only late at night, and constantly going off, only way to stop it now is to leave it unlocked!

Does anyone know of any issues which would cause this? And solutions to help?

Thanks jake

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Bonnet catch has a sensor attached for the alarm and is usually the main culprit on the fn2 cars. Don't know about ep3's mind you but I'm sure someone will come along and agree or correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
436 Posts
My ek civic had an aftermarket alarm on it, toad I think it was, and it went off randomly at night - but only during winter for some reason. I also found that it wouldnt lock/unlock at times. I tried changing the fob battery but it was actually my door lock that was seizing up (I never opened it with the key only ever used the fob) so I ended up spraying some wd40 in the lock and open and closed it a few times using the key. This solved the locking/unlocking problem, cant say if it stop the alarm going off as I never noticed if it did or not. Maybe make sure when you lock the car with the fob, the actual door is locked?

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay will have a look to see if there is a sensor on it,

Thanks, will get him to check if it's locked when using the fob, I'm sure he only uses the fob anyway!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts