2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this review the (US version) 6MT 1.5T Civic Sport hatch lost points due to the styling and loss of some features (compared to the CVT version) but still won the 4 way car comparison. (Canadian Civic hatches are better appointed in features than the US version). The US Golf hatch uses a 1.8T and 5MT.

In general, US and Canadian reviews are very positive for the 10G Civic. The sedan won COTY for US and Canada when it was initially released. From what I've seen on a YT video (could be BS but I don't know) the suspension tune and steering of the hatch is supposedly superior to the sedan. Note that adaptive dampers are not available on the US and Canada hatches.

2017 Honda Civic Hatchback vs. Chevy Cruze, Mazda 3, VW Golf | Comparison Test | Car and Driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
And a pity we can't get the Si over here :crying:
Apart from the LSD, higher FDR and slightly different turbo I don't think i'm missing very much. Our Euro specs are better equipped then the US and 205hp can be achieved with a tune.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nothing wrong with brakes on the sport model. A test I read measured 33.x meters from 100km/h to zero which is a very good result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts