2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car from a non Honda dealership (2nd hand 10,000 mile's on the clock)

According to the Honda website, after entering my VIN number it said there is outstanding work (recall) on my Car,

Can I go to any Honda dealer & ask them to carry out the work? (will they be happy to do so with me not buying the car from them?)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yep just book her in! Work will still be done under warranty. The daler gets paid by Honda so it does not need to be the dealer the car was bought from.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Should be fine. It's still under Honda warranty and it's a recall.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep just book her in! Work will still be done under warranty. The daler gets paid by Honda so it does not need to be the dealer the car was bought from.
Thanks for that.

Thats excellent. My local Honda dealer has a shocking reputation for warranty & service work, so ill use one in Glasgow.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Davie, Try St Andrews Honda (now known as Henrys Honda) in Pollokshields. the service there is pretty good.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
There is a new Dealers called Henry's somewhere in the Greater Glasgow
area

we Use Phoenix Honda Stirling ourselves - outstanding
aftersales

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey
I am just going to pick up my civic tomorrow form Arnold Clark in Ayr, will let you know what they are like, fingers crossed everything is ok!

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey
I am just going to pick up my civic tomorrow form Arnold Clark in Ayr, will let you know what they are like, fingers crossed everything is ok!

Thanks a bought my car from Arnold Clark...In Motherwell....

My car is booked in to Phoenix Honda tomorrow, will leave an update, after my car has been returned....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Arnold Clark in Ayr seemed to be ok, however, i have looked on the Honda web site and mine is due a recall, thought they might have checked this before I picked up the car on Thursday. In addition I have just taken off th rear wheel to look at the disc and the pads look done, another trip somewehre to get this fixed, might try Henrys and see what they are like. Saying that I am going to give Arnold Clark the chance to pick the car up and get it all fixed for me[smilie=cheeky-grin:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts