2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently selling my second car, I have it advertised on some sites and have had several emails from a polish guy telling me he is wants to come from Poland to buy the car.

Im not to keen on the idea really, it seems a little far fetched to me. Whats everyone else's thoughts?

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
Its because the cars are double the price in poland compared to here, i sold mine to a polish guy last week he stayed in scotland but he is going to be exporting the civic back to poland, the transaction was fine

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its because the cars are double the price in poland compared to here, i sold mine to a polish guy last week he stayed in scotland but he is going to be exporting the civic back to poland, the transaction was fine
The thing is he did not spend around £700 in travel expenses to get the car back home. This car is only up for £2350

Not saying hes not genuine but why risk it

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
That is the way I am thinking, I have other people interested but this guy just seems real keen.

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
If you have other interest mate hold out for someone else seems a bit TOO keen if u ask me

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have just done the maths with cheapest option for everything online it will cost him approx £500 to get from Poland to here and back including fuel and ferry.

I have sent him a message and said im not keen on him buying the car so I guess we will wait and see..

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I have just done the maths with cheapest option for everything online it will cost him approx £500 to get from Poland to here and back including fuel and ferry.

I have sent him a message and said im not keen on him buying the car so I guess we will wait and see..
Is Poland right hand drive? Perhaps he is staying in the UK

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
If he's willing to put the cash in your hand then I can't see an issue?

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
If he's willing to put the cash in your hand then I can't see an issue?
This ^

Even if they're from Nigeria, I can't see a problem. So long as you aren't being left out of pocket by any valuables, during the transaction, it doesn't matter who buys it; then end result will remain the same.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
As above surely if he is the one traveling over from Poland and paying you then what's the issue?

Sale is a sale doesn't matter who it's to IMO

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
I would tell him to come over and if he wants the car take him to your bank so he can pay the cash straight in to your account.... Job done :D

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
:D if he pays in cash, check if it's genuine... not long ago i heard about a case in my country where the guy pretended to be a foreigner and had a bag of money with him, the seller was careful. Turned out that out of the 15k the guy had with him, only 1k was genuine and the guy wasn't a foreigner either.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I would tell him to come over and if he wants the car take him to your bank so he can pay the cash straight in to your account.... Job done :D
:D if he pays in cash, check if it's genuine... not long ago i heard about a case in my country where the guy pretended to be a foreigner and had a bag of money with him, the seller was careful. Turned out that out of the 15k the guy had with him, only 1k was genuine and the guy wasn't a foreigner either.
Job done by taking him to the bank then. Sorted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts