2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have been on the lookout for a new Civic recently and looks like I have found a good one, the only issue is, its up in Dumfries and I am in North Notts. Our lass doesnt like driving on motorways so wouldnt be able to travel up together and get it and trains are a bit of a no-no with me.

I have been looking around and cant seem to find a straight answer online anywhere so my question is has anyone ever used a car collection and delivery service, if so which one. I have seen some that will do a full inspection the car for you but I have seen lots of photos and had a walkround video of it and all seems good.

I understand the risks of buying this way but I am happy the seller is genuine. All the usual checks have been done and it has clean history and good MOT history as well.

·
Administrator
17,940 Posts
So you're considering buying a vehicle sight unseen?

Dumfries is quite a nice drive from your neck of the woods, up the A1, over the scenic A66 and then a few miles/couple of junctions up the M6 - which is usually pretty quiet up there. The A1 is usually quiet, so it's not like you'd be driving down south with the busy M25/etc. The A66 has a few good options for munchies to break up the trip ;)

Personally I'd avoid the M1 and M62 route as it will have more traffic and is a bit longer.

It's unfortunate that your mrs doesn't like motorway driving, so how about calling in a favour with a pal/relative?

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
Fair do's if don't fancy trains- Did do similar buying a car off ebay-travelled up to glasgow on trains -owner picked me up at residential station. Quite enjoyed the trip up. Did later find some issues with car which owner had sort of hidden, and did seem very genuine person.

Quite normal now to buy 'unseen' Would think normal checks would minimise unexpected probs especially if a bona fide dealer even better.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Lee,

Yea I know it sounds mental to do it like that.

She really hates the motorway buddy ever since we were shunted a few years back on a slip road or we would just double up.

Trains I hate and if i got there and it DID turn out to be a total waste of my time then it would be best part of £300 wasted on a single journey ticket.

Might be a good idea to see if any scottish members would go and have a look and a test drive for me to make sure all is ship shape I guess really.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts