2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’ve owned my fn2 since January and it’s been sitting for about 3 months. 3 weeks ago I drove it around for a day and everything was fine.

Earlier today I was raising the suspension because the previous owner had it lower than I’d prefer and when I took it for a drive the sub speaker in the back was making a heart beat sound constantly, I’m pretty sure I hear one ignore the wires to the amp shorting out and the check system light came on the dash, seconds after the car starts having a seizure, the power steering stops working and then it dies.

The battery has been jumped a few times and the car is dying unless I have my foot slightly on the throttle. Could the amp be causing all the problems, is the battery completely gone or could this be a more serious problem?

Thanks ?

·
i-Vtec
2,233 Posts
If its only just able to remain running with the use of the throttle then id be checking the voltage at the battery with the engine running, might be your alternator that's knackered, and worse case, its taken the battery with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for he reply, I’m going to disconnect the amp + speakers in the boot tomorrow because the problem always seems to start with the speakers making the heartbeat sound. I managed to run it for 15 minutes with no throttle it then as soon as the amp shorted out (guessing its shorting our) I get the check system warning
?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts