2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys really need to helpful advice here, I was fitting LEDs for footwell's near end of install you remove light in glove box (pops off easily) then you need to get final wire back up and thro the hole, straight forward enough at the moment. I gently pushed a piece of wire thro the hole so I could retrieve it in the footwell, this is the moment that my car decided to go spazzy......
System check came on with airbag symbol, lights went pretty crazy, clock reset, just ent into meltdown. Obviously the engine start was never going to happen and if depressed all lights go out and you can just hear beginning of motor trying to turn...
I am feeling pretty devastated now as I have no idea why this has happened. I never got to wire anything neither were any contacts on show in respect of light popped out. I really need some help with this guys as big problem for me now and my family :(:(:(:(

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
So you left the battery connected when fiddling with the wiring?

Did you have the radio on too? If so, plenty of folks have flattened a battery this way.

Fuses, check all the fuses.

You might be lucky and find a few ignition cycles clears the error(s).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check fuses tomorrow in the light, obviously a critical error leaving battery connected, but the thing is I did not wire a thing, nothing stripped at all. The wire I fed thro (as a feed to connect the actual wire) is where this problem started, so in that respect as there are a fair few protected looms up there, having the battery still connected could have allowed this fed wire to touch another that is in the looms.
Getting on to the battery, can this be flattened failing that killed in these situations. And would the car be throwing up multiple errors and lights flickering in general when it comes to a Flat battery. Thx for your quick response.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All fuses are fine have attempted jump start and nothing.
Prob not getting good connection to positive to be honest.
Just an answer to one more question, if battery flat, do electronics in car go fairly random, as electronically it seems possessed. Lol
I can only pray that battery is the only problem here, just seems really weird the way car is acting, if anyone else has had flat batt problem then I am sure they could confirm that " yes car goes a bit loopy and random system check faults may appear"
Or no sounds like your car is in a really bad way and your gonna pay a fortune.
:(:(:(

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
As JP said, the battery is the likely culprit. Try charging it or if it's been on there several years then simply replace it.

Be careful jump starting your car, connecting or disconnecting the battery. If you leave the keys in the ignition then chances are you'll be left with a big bill.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All sorted, battery was no good, pulled under 12v when I checked it. So £58 later all better, at least now i know what to look out for :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts